City Harvest's 23rd Annual Evening Of Practical Magic - Inside
Getty Images

FBI Investigating Fyre Fest For Mail, Wire and Securities Fraud

Issa mess.

The organizers of last month’s disastrous Fyre Festival are already battling a whole mess of lawsuits, and now, they’ve become the focus of a federal criminal investigation.

The New York Times reports that the FBI and the United States attorney’s office for the Southern District Of New York are looking into possible mail, wire, and securities fraud in an investigation overseen by a prosecutor assigned to the complex frauds and cybercrime unit.

In a sh*tshow of a conference call earlier this month, one Fyre Media employee asked founder Billy McFarland if they should be concerned about the FBI.

“That’s more of an individual thing,” McFarland replied.

This article was originally published on Stereogum.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Report: Justine Skye Granted Restraining Order Against Sheck Wes

Justine Skye has reportedly been granted a domestic violence restraining order against her ex-boyfriend Sheck Wes, The Blast reports. The G.O.O.D. Music artist is now ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from the singer until a court hearing that will be held in Mar. 2019.

The restraining order reportedly states that Skye believes that her "life is in danger." The order details a particular event on July 26, 2018, in which she claims Wes allegedly "threatened to punch me in the face, head-butted me, told me he was going to 'hurt me'." Additionally, The Blast obtained the LAPD investigative report regarding the matter that confirms Skye reported the incident in 2018. The singer also noted that Wes' label and management team pleaded with her not to go to the authorities or make the incident public.

The Roc Nation artist first revealed she was a victim of domestic abuse in 2018 with her song and music video "Build." She also appeared on The Breakfast Club that same year to share her story, although she never explicitly named Wes as her abuser.

In Feb. 2019 however, Skye engaged in a back and forth on Twitter with Wes. She decided to take the situation public after alleging that Wes and his crew attempted to stalk and attack her. Wes and his legal team have denied the claims and have vowed to take legal action against Skye.

Continue Reading
Noam Galai/Getty Images

21 Savage Describes Mentality Inside ICE Detention Center

After his release from an Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) detention center in Georgia (Feb. 13), 21 Savage talked with The New York Times on his upbringing in London, an immigration battle and the looming reality that one day he would be confronted over his status in the U.S.

“It’s like my worst nightmare,” he said. “That’s why it’s always been trying to get corrected.” Since 2017, Savage filed an application for a U Visa, a document that might take up to a year to be fully processed. Around the age that one is eligible for a driver’s license or a job, Savage said that’s when he noticed his non-legal status in the country could pose a problem as he got older. “It felt impossible,” he said on trying to rectify his situation. “It got to the point where I just learned to live without it. ‘Cause I still ain’t got it, I’m 26, and I’m rich. So, just learned to live without it.”

The “A Lot” rapper also told the publication that it wasn’t the reality of being in a detention center that stressed him, but “it was the possibility of me not being able to live in this country no more that I’ve been living in my whole life. All that just going through your head, like, ‘Damn, I love my house, I ain’t gonna be able to go in my house no more? I ain’t gonna be able to go to my favorite restaurant that I been going to for 20 years straight?’ That’s the most important thing.”

The 26-year-old entertainer added that the situation he faced for nine days could’ve made himself “go crazy” over the unsureness behind one’s fate. “It’s like we gonna put you in jail and we gonna make you fight your case the slowest you can fight it so that you just want to go home,” he said. “Nobody want to sit in jail, especially if they don’t have the money to fight it and they ain’t been to court in three months.” Savage also discussed the memes that circulated once news broke about his detainment, a situation that sparked a rift between Chris Brown and Offset.

"It ain’t about the meme, it’s about the bigger picture. But I done been through way worse things in my life than somebody putting me on a meme," he said. "I been shot — what is a meme? A meme is nothing. That’s something on the internet that I can do like this [turns over phone] and never see again. I look at bullet scars every day, so it’s like, a meme, bro?"

While out on bond, 21 Savage awaits an immigration court hearing that'll add another layer to his case.

Continue Reading
John Lamparski

NYPD Commander Under Investigation For Ordering To Shoot 50 Cent On Sight

The NYPD is an hot water this week. NYPD commander Emmanuel Gonzalez of the Brooklyn's 72nd precinct is currently under investigation after allegedly ordering his officers to shoot 50 Cent "on sight" at a boxing match in 2018, The New York Daily News reports.

According to the new report, deputy inspector Gonzalez allegedly made the comments to his staff during a roll call before the sporting match. Gonzalez allegedly tried to pass the "order" off as a joke, but no one was laughing.

After learning of the story on Sunday (Feb. 17), 50 Cent quickly hit back, calling Gonzalez a "dirty cop." "This guy Emanuel Gonzalez is a dirty cop abusing his POWER. The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun," he wrote on Twitter.

Fif' also indicated that he plans to take legal action against the NYPD. "Mr. Jackson takes this threat very seriously and is consulting with his legal counsel regarding his options going forward," his spokesman said in a statement. "He is concerned that he was not previously advised of this threat by the NYPD and even more concerned that Gonzalez continues to carry a badge and a gun."

This isn't the first time 50 and Gonzalez had butt heads however. According to People, Gonzalez previously filed an aggravated harassment complaint against 50 Cent last spring, after 50 reportedly made a series of threats towards the commander on social media.

This is how I wake up this morning, 🤷🏽‍♂️ This guy Emanuel Gonzales is a dirty cop abusing his POWER. The sad part is this man still has a badge and a gun.I take this threat very seriously and im consulting with my legal counsel regarding my options moving forward. pic.twitter.com/5HWk2tqYFo

— 50cent (@50cent) February 17, 2019

Continue Reading

Top Stories