Janet Jackson On Separation: “We Are In Court And The Rest Is In God’s Hands”

Janet Jackson has been quiet since news broke that her marriage to billionaire husband Wissam Al Mana came to an end after five years. The 50-year-old icon, who recently welcomed baby boy Eissa Al Mana, was spotted enjoying Bruno Mars’ concert in England last week with older brother Randy, but hasn’t responded to the buzz around the Internet caused by her split.

READ Janet Jackson And Husband Welcome Son, Eissa Al Mana

However, Ms. Jackson felt it was time to speak directly to her fans. On Monday (May 1), the pop icon posted a video on her site briefly speaking about her separation, and also to left fans know as promised she’s headed back out on tour.

“I just want to keep it real with you guys for a second. Yes, I separated from my husband. We are in court and the rest is in God’s hands,” Jackson said. The five-time Grammy Award winner didn’t spend too much time speaking about her relationship before announcing the new name of her tour. Formally known as the Unbreakable tour, in support of the singer’s seventh number one album, Jackson reveals the new name is called State of The World.

READ Pleasure Principle: 30 Years Of Loving Janet Jackson’s ‘Control’ Album

“It’s not about politics. It’s about people, the world, relationships, and just love,” Jackson said.

Jackson’s Unbreakable album debuted Oct. 2, 2015 and moved 116,000 equivalent album units, according to Nielsen Music. Ms. Jackson has not announced when she’ll be back on the road again, but when we know you’ll know.