Apply For An Internship With VIBE, VIBE Viva & Vibe Vixen
VIBE is seeking college students and graduates with a serious passion for journalism, entertainment, and urban culture.
Are you looking for a writing opportunity at one of the most influential digital publications in entertainment? Do you have an interest in urban culture, music (hip-hop, R&B, pop), fashion, television/film, news, and sports?
VIBE, VIBE Vixen (our women's channel) and VIBE Viva (our Latinx channel) are seeking creative individuals with a serious interest/passion for news writing and a strong knowledge of music/entertainment to join the NYC team.
- Assist editors with digitizing of archival materials, interview transcriptions, music premieres, and other original content
- Contribute news content to VIBE and/or its other verticals: VIBE Vixen, and VIBE Viva
- Conduct assigned interviews with talent (artists, actors and other figures in the realm of fashion, film/television, music, sports and tech) and cover select events in NYC (occasional)
- Monitor the digital streets for newsworthy stories trending on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- Research select subjects or topics on an as-needed basis
Social Media Intern
- Schedule editorial content on VIBE's, VIBE Vixen's, and VIBE Viva's social media platforms
- Monitor the digital streets for newsworthy, trending topics on the web i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- Assist with execution of engaging social media campaigns for Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
- Brainstorm with the social media manager and social media assistant for our social media calendar
A major in Journalism, English, Writing or a Media-related program is essential. Applicants must have a forward-thinking mentality, willingness to learn and a love for writing. Knowledge in Word, Content Management Systems, and social media is preferred.
Aside from being a lover of pop culture and the Internet, applicants must also be detail-oriented, know how to spot trending topics, and be knowledgeable about celebrities and figures in the urban, hip-hop culture and entertainment space.
Be sure to include your favorite printed, VIBE magazine issue or article (in-book or on Vibe.com) and why. Also, specify 2 areas of interest(s): music, fashion, hard news, television/film and/or sports.
Social Media Internship: Send a résumé, links to your personal social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram) and a short introductory blurb to [email protected], with “Social Media Intern” as the subject.
Be sure to include your experience level, if any, with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or any video editing software. Include links to the funniest posts you've seen on social media.
None. Acceptance is ongoing.
VIBE employs interns throughout the year. Selected interns must be available to work at least 16 hours per week. All internship positions are paid and must be completed on-site at our New York City office. VIBE does not provide housing or travel stipends.
** Note: VIBE is not looking to hire aspiring music artists, producers, talent managers and/or social media "influencers." We are seeking young college students or graduates with a serious interest/passion for journalism, creative writing, and the entertainment industry.