Dwyane Wade Showcases The WOW6 Kicks At Miami’s Art Basel While Fat Joe And KRS-One Wreck The Stage
On Friday, December 8th, Cleveland Cavaliers’ Dwyane Wade flew a few good journalists down (me included!) to his former team’s Miami stomping grounds for the first look of his new Li Ning/Way of Wade sneakers WOW6. The coolest part about the reveal was how Wade timed the trip to MIA’s annual celebration of creative works during Art Basel weekend. With tons of events going on through the city, the Way of Wade 6 launch also shared space with the ‘VIBES’ showcase organized by Miami sneaker retailer The Edition.
Having OG hip-hop legends and Bronx natives Fat Joe and KRS-One rock out their classics and new in the Wynwood District was the highlight of the surprises the Way of Wade squad had in store for the group.
Who would have thought that DWade could leave his former sneaker brand and win big with an international company that gets his personal style down to his most detailed design. Six years later, Wade and Li Ning have shown that their union produces colorful styles that support the casual kicks lover and basketballin’ beast. Check out the specs as explained by the WOW team:
- The WOW 6 is a combination of top tech and design
- The design originated from the power of new age technology
- Knitting fabric, provides breathability, stretch and dynamic support
- Carbon Fiber Strap provides midfoot locked down stability
- Li-Ning Cloud midsole adds comfort and stability
- Drive Foam forefoot unit delivers better and more durable bouncing function and increases the shoe’s pressure force
- Pressure force: a change in shape on the bottom of the shoe, which occurs every time a players drives to the basket, changes direction, etc
- Cushion unit on heel delivers responsive cushioning
- 3D customized Carbon Fiber plate provides strength and stability
- The 15 Circles on the updated logo represent Dwyane Wade’s 15th NBA Season
- The 82 Saw tooth around the logo represent the NBA’s 82 regular season games
- The two numbers on the interior facing side of each shoe represent coordinates of the location of Li-Ning headquarters, Beijing and Chicago, Illinois – the birthplace of Dwyane Wade
Depending on the style, the cost will land between $155.00 – $165.00. Holidays are around the corner, so see what you can do with your stash for the three-time NBA champion they call Flash.