Black Police Precinct And Courthouse Museum Recalls Miami's Segregated Past
Getty Images

Kamiyah Mobley Pleads Leniency On Behalf Of Her Abductor

If convicted, Williams could face life in prison.

Kamiyah Mobley’s abduction is a lot like the Carlina White story but with one major difference: the abducted child has forgiven her abductor. In fact, Mobley is pleading for leniency on Gloria Williams’ behalf. Apparently, Mobley knew two years before law enforcement closed in.

Williams posed as a nurse and kidnapped Mobley, from the then-University Medical Center in Jacksonville, Fla., hours after her birth. She was raised as Alexis Manigo in South Carolina. Williams, 52, confessed last year. But in a way, she had to.

18-year-old Mobley had been looking for a job and without legal documents for her “daughter,” Williams knew that the tale would begin to unravel. Mobley was found in South Carolina, unharmed.

Mobley has been working to build a relationship with her biological parents, Shanara Mobley, 36, Craig Aiken, 42, and her siblings. But she’s encountered reasonable conflict. The woman that she recognized as her mother for 18 years was the only one she’d ever known so a harsh sentence is mortifying.

Naturally, Mobley’s biological mother is saddened by her defense of Williams, the woman who took her child from her for nearly a lifetime. But Mobley says, “It's not like she took me and tortured me my whole life. She took care of me very well.”

However, she is aware of the difficulty. “It's been harder for my mother to cope. We are working on our relationship,” she told the Daily Mail. “I don't like to define which one is my mother, I like to be respectful of both parties.” Mobley is opting for neutrality to avoid sparring. It seems that she acknowledges both women as her mother in one way or another. In addition, she sympathizes with Williams.

Williams was arrested last January after a friend she told of the kidnapping gave that information to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. After going to Mobley’s high school and discovering a fraudulent birth certificate and Social Security number, investigators moved toward the family for a DNA test which would later prove that Mobley was a missing person.

If convicted, Williams could face life in prison. Her court date has been delayed to Feb. 12.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Boosie Badazz Defends Bill Cosby, Slams Harvey Weinstein In New Video

Boosie Badazz has never strayed away from making controversial comments, and his recent ones defending the incarcerated Bill Cosby are no different.

Mr. Wipe Me Down took to his Instagram page to discuss his beliefs that the man formerly known as “America’s Dad” should be a free man. Cosby is currently serving a three to 10-year sentence for three counts of aggravated indecent assault.

"Ay check this out, y'all better wake up this racist a** motherf**kin' world," Boosie says in the video. "This armadillo lookin' b**ch Harvey Weinstein been f**kin' people 100 days ago, and he can pay for all the sh*t he did, all the f**kin' rapes he done did, but Bill Cosby couldn't pay for his sh*t. The Jell-O man had the money. That show you it's a racist motherf**kin' world."

He continues by stating that Cosby’s crimes when he was a man of a much younger age, and the only reason he was jailed for the crimes was because of the color of his skin.

Harvey Weinstein recently reached a multi-million dollar provisional deal with his accusers to settle his sexual misconduct civil lawsuits. Many of Weinstein’s accusers came forward in mid-2017 to discuss that the disgraced Hollywood producer acted inappropriately with them, which was one of the catalysts for the start of the #MeToo movement.

Watch Boosie’s video below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

#freebill #isaidit HOW HE GET TO PAY BUT NOT BILL #popapeelfreebill #crackheadasshoes

A post shared by Boosie BadAzz (@officialboosieig) on Jun 24, 2019 at 7:51pm PDT

Continue Reading
Elsa

A Chicago Bartender Spat On Eric Trump And He Wasn't Sure Why

Eric Trump went to Chicago's Aviary cocktail bar Tuesday, (June 25) but instead of enjoying a drink, the 35-year-old said an employee spat on him.

Trump told Breitbart News the encounter was "disgusting" and was a bit taken back since he and his family promote "tolerance."

“It was purely a disgusting act by somebody who clearly has emotional problems,” Trump said. “For a party that preaches tolerance, this once again demonstrates they have very little civility. When somebody is sick enough to resort to spitting on someone, it just emphasizes a sickness and desperation and the fact that we’re winning.”

The woman was taken into custody by Secret Service but later released. The Chicago police department was on hand to deal with a "law enforcement matter.”

CPD was on scene and assisting the United States Secret Service with a law enforcement matter. Any and all inquiries regarding a federal protectee must be directed to the Secret Service. https://t.co/ecq5TaMiQ0

— Anthony Guglielmi (@AJGuglielmi) June 26, 2019

Trump's Chicago incident comes as his father's administration is being accused of keeping men, women, and children in concentration camps at the U.S.- Mexican border.

Continue Reading

Dreamville To Release Film On 'Revenge Of The Dreamers 3' Sessions

The Dreamville recording sessions at the start of the year left everyone curious.

For one, J. Cole's label is known for working solely amongst its artists, but word quickly spread that the roster was opening its doors to collaborate with artists and producers. Buddy, Smino, and T-Minus were just a few of the individuals present at the "camp," and now five months since the sessions, fans will get to see what went down.

Dreamville will release its Revenge: A Dreamville Film that will give a behind-the-scenes glimpse at how artists and producers tied to different labels and different sounds, came together with Cole's imprint to create the upcoming Revenge of the Dreamers III album.

The highly-anticipated project is set for release this year, and two of its singles have already arrived. In fact, the recently released "Down Bad" featuring Cole, J.I.D., Bas, EARTHGANG and Young Nudy, serves as background music for the film's trailer.

"I had this idea," 34-year-old Cole said in the trailer. "Let's go somewhere, lock-in and invite a bunch of outside producers and artists to come f**k with us and just make this album."

T.I. and Dreamville's Ari Lennox are just a couple of the artists that appear in the trailer aside from Cole. The film is set for release Tuesday (July 2), and will hopefully be able to hold fans over until the release of the long-awaited follow up to Revenge of the Dreamers II.

Continue Reading

Top Stories