seal-stacey-dash-fox-news-metoo-oprah-1515771835
Getty Images

Seal To Stacey Dash: "Keep My Name Out Of Your Mouth"

He also apologized to Oprah Winfrey for his initial comments.

Seal came under fire earlier this week after calling out Hollywood's hypocrisy in the wake of the #MeToo movement. The "Kiss From A Rose" singer utilized a meme of Oprah Winfrey alongside Harvey Weinstein - a Hollywood executive that was accused of sexually harassing several women - that suggests the entertainment tycoon knew of Weinstein's actions.

Now, the British artist took to his Facebook account to clear the air on the situation. "I have an enormous amount of respect for everything that Oprah has achieved and contributed in her life," Seal said. "What I reposted was not an attack on Oprah at all. She just happened to be the person photographed with the pig in the picture. No, what I reposted was commentary on the hypocritical and double-standard nature and behavior of Hollywood."

Seal's testimony didn't stop there. The 54-year-old father-of-four aimed his comments at Fox News and Stacey Dash, entities that he believes attempted to use his comments as a dagger against Winfrey.

"Fox News, don't try and use me as a pawn against Oprah and in any of your political games. And Stacey Dash, keep my name out of your mouth," Seal said. "Do not retweet, re-quote anything I have said in order to reinforce your self-hating agenda. You live in the sunken place. Again, this was not an attack against Oprah. This was an observation of the toxic nature of Hollywood and I believe that a conscious people are a progressive people."

The headlines featuring Seal followed Winfrey's critically-acclaimed Golden Globes speech (Jan. 7) where she condemned those who have used their power for heinous gestures and praised those who came forward to support the #MeToo movement.

"What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we all have. And I’m especially proud and inspired by all the women who have felt strong enough and empowered enough to speak up and share their personal stories," Winfrey said. "Each of us in this room are celebrated because of the stories that we tell. And this year we became the story. But it’s not just a story affecting the entertainment industry. It’s one that transcends any culture, geography, race, religion, politics or workplace."

Seal also referred to an "Uncle Tom" comment that was made under one of his posts, and applauded the women who came forward to start a conversation on sexual abuse and harassment.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Khloe Kardashian Splits With Tristan Thompson, Confirms Latest Cheating Rumor

Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson are reportedly done amid reports that the NBA player cheated on her with her little sister’s best friend, Jordyn Woods.

According to Hollywood Unlocked, and multiple other reports, Thompson and Woods were spotted getting extra close during a party last weekend. Apparently, Woods stayed with Thompson until the next morning.

Thompson tweeted “FAKE NEWS” in response to the story, but he later deleted the post. Woods, meanwhile, turned off the comments on her Instagram account.

Kardashian confirmed the rumor with a comment on Instagram.

View this post on Instagram

 

#KhloeKardashian confirms our story. We got you Khloe! 🙏🏼

A post shared by HOLLYWOOD UNLOCKED (@hollywoodunlocked) on Feb 19, 2019 at 2:15pm PST

Kardashian found out  about the cheating story on Monday (Feb. 18), People magazine reports.  “The whole family is furious,” said an alleged source. “They were blindsided.”

The 34-year -old reality star shares an infant daughter with Thompson. The couple dated for nearly three years, but cheating scandals are nothing new for the Cleveland Cavaliers player who cheated on Kardashian while she was pregnant with their daughter.

Thompson and his son’s mother, Jordan Craig, split while she was pregnant with their son. Thompson began dating Kardashian soon after.

 

Continue Reading
Prince Williams

Kareem "Biggs" Burke Launches New Music Company, Signs First Artist

After nearly a 15-year hiatus from the music industry, Kareem "Biggs" Burke is back with a new music company called Circle of Success. To kick the newly-launched business off right, Burke has already announced his first signee, Brooklyn-based artist, SAINt JHN.

Circle of Success is a management company that oversees musicians. In an interview with Billboard on Feb. 19, Biggs discussed his new venture and artist.  "The night [Roc Nation co-founder Tyran Smith], played a preview of SAINt JHN's new album, I drove home listening to Collection One and had an immediate sonic connection to his music," Burke said.

The Roc-A-Fella cofounder also addressed his new company on Instagram, noting that it was his first time backing an artist since Kanye West nearly 20 years ago. "The last 2 projects I’ve done was College Dropout and Late Registration," he wrote. "After such a long time away I’ve decided to jump back in with someone who I believe will be equally as impactful and change the game and be a HUGE brand with the music being the core of the business. @saintjhn made the decision easy for me because it’s very rare you come across talent like his. I’m BACK!!!!"

SAINt JHN is a singer-songwriter and rapper. He has previously written songs for Usher, Jidenna, and others. He also released his first album under his current moniker in Mar. 2018, entitled Collection One.

Be on the look out for what's to come from Biggs' Circle of Success company and SAINt JHN.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

The last 2 projects I’ve done was College Dropout and Late registration. After such a long time away I’ve decided to jump back in with someone who I believe will be equally as impactful and change the game and be a HUGE brand with the music being the core of the business. @saintjhn made the decision easy for me because it’s very rare you come across talent like his. I’m BACK!!!! #circleofsuccess #management Full story in my bio...

A post shared by Biggs (@biggsburke) on Feb 19, 2019 at 10:10am PST

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Daniel Kaluuya And Lakeith Stanfield To Star In Fred Hampton Movie

Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield are reportedly being considered for roles in the upcoming film, Jesus Was My Homeboy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The movie, which will be produced by Ryan Coogler and distributed by Warner Bros., will depict the assassination of Black Panther activist Fred Hampton.

If the ink dries on the deal, Kaluuya will play Hampton. Stanfield will play William O’Neal, the FBI informant who went undercover and infiltrated the Black Panthers in order to obtain information that assisted in Hampton's assassination. Jesus Was My Homeboy will look at the rise and death of Hampton through the perspective of FBI informant O'Neal.

As previously noted, Fred Hampton was an activist and organizer of the Black Panther Party who quickly climbed the ranks to become its chairman of the Illinois chapter and deputy chairman. He was murdered in 1969 at the age of 21, by a tactical unit with orders from the FBI and Chicago Police Department.

Shaka King will reportedly direct the film and and produce from a script he wrote with Will Berson. Jesus Was My Homeboy does not have a release date at this time.

Continue Reading

Top Stories