Nikolas Cruz Appears In Court For His Arraignment Hearing For Parkland, Florida School Shooting
Getty Images

Parkland Shooter Reportedly Researched Columbine Shooting Before Massacre

Nikolas Cruz is due in court for a hearing on Friday (Apr. 27).

The Parkland shooting in February incited the creation of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission. The same state-legislated commission investigated shooter Nikolas Cruz in an attempt to understand the event through the person by which it was initiated. Investigators' research uncovered information about Cruz having committed premeditated murder as he’d been researching the 1999 Columbine High School Massacre.

"He mapped it out, he had been planning this for a while," commission chair and Sheriff Bob Gualtieri told the Sun-Sentinel.

Mass killers Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris thoroughly planned the massacre at their high school. The two obtained multiple guns and set out to kill anyone in their way, then committed suicide. What wasn’t provided is a simulated timeline of the shooters’ movements through the building, making it difficult for viewers to see when and whether students/faculty were killed or injured.

At the commission’s first panel on Tuesday at Broward College North Campus (Apr. 24), they were finally able to track the movement and timeline of Cruz’s actions amid the shooting via a makeshift animation. In it, blue dots are for staff and green dots are for students. The yellow dots represent those who were wounded, while the purple dots are for those who were killed. Cruz is a black dot with a line attachment, representative of the AR-15 he used. According to the Sun-Sentinel, the animation caused upset as parents could identify where their children were in the video. “I knew which dot was my daughter so it was pretty brutal for me,” Andrew Pollack, the father of Meadow Pollack, said.

According to Gualteri, whether Cruz got to certain people depended on the floor they were on. Students and faculty on the first floor had little time to lockdown classrooms as Cruz came from the staircase, unmounted his AR-15, and began shooting into the hallway and classrooms. Victims on the second floor likely heard the shots, following the steps for “Code Red” situations. But on the third floor, the smoke alarm reacted to Cruz’s gun, setting off the fire alarm and causing students and teachers to take action as if there had been a fire.

The commission is tasked with gathering a timeline that’s as close as possible to the incident. They’re planning to investigate Cruz’s private life, too. Reportedly, they’ll begin as early on as the day he was born.

The investigation will put out a report in January. Cruz is due in court for a hearing on Friday (Apr. 27).

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Tory Lanez Sued For Alleged Attack In Miami Nightclub

Tory Lanez is facing legal trouble over an alleged altercation that went down inside Miami’s LIV nightclub last year. Christopher “Prince” Harty, an up-and-coming artist and Miami promoter who appeared on Love & Hip-Hop: Miami claims that Lanez attacked him last November.

The onetime reality star alleges that Lanez, along with his entourage and security team, punched and attacked him in the nightclub. According to reports, Prince claims to have suffered blunt force trauma to his head, neck, and chest, in addition to contusions, bruises and anxiety, as a result of the incident. He is suing for unspecified damages.

“They backed me into a corner, and once I was there, they started stomping on me, jumping me,” he recalled to NBC Miami.

He believes that the friction stemmed from an Instagram post about music. “They felt that I was insinuating that they stole the record from me, and I was just like, no, I would never do that, that was never my intention. I had no issue with him at all.”

A portion of the incident was captured on cellphone video. Prince stated that he knew Lanez prior to the run-in, and helped get him into clubs before.

His attorney, Marwan Porter of Porter Law Firm, called the violent incident “a chronic problem” with Lanez who is accused of shooting Megan Thee Stallion in July. The 28-year-old recording artist has yet to publicly address either incident.

Hear more from Prince in the video below.

Continue Reading
Prince Williams/Wireimage via Getty Images

Cardi B Opens Up About Filing For Divorce From Offset

Cardi B took to Instagram Live on Friday (Sept. 18) to air out a few things about filing for divorce from Offset.

The Bronx rapper made it clear that she didn’t file for divorce as a publicity stunt to promote her upcoming album. “I’m not doing it for clout and on top of that I don’t need stunts to sell music,” she said. “I’m not [trying to] brag but don’t ever say I’m doing anything for clout. My first album is three-times platinum and I didn’t need no stunts to do that. My [“Wap”] single is no. 1 worldwide why would I need stunts to sell music? I don’t need stunts — [especially] when it comes to family — to sell anything, so don’t play yourself.”

As for the reason for the divorce filing, the estranged couple simply grew apart. “Nothing crazy out of this world happened, sometimes people really do grow apart. I been with this man for four years. I have a kid with this man, I have a household with this man…sometimes you’re just tired of the arguments and the build up. You get tired sometimes and before something happens, you leave.”

“I just wanna' be a free bird,” Cardi said after questioning whether people secretly want infidelity to be the reason for the split.

“I am the f**king clout,” she added. “I never needed anything. I never needed no stunts to sell sh*t.Why would I need anything to sell my next album?”

Speaking of the new album, Cardi has been indecisive about choosing her next single because “WAP” did so well. “That means that my second single has to be even better.”

Towards the end of her venting session, Cardi reiterated that she’s focusing on her work, and revealed that she's starting new business for her daughter Kulture.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by HIPHOLLYWOOD (@hiphollywood) on Sep 18, 2020 at 10:23pm PDT

Continue Reading
Sean Gallup/Getty Images

Barack Obama Announces Release Date For ‘A Promised Land’ Memoir

Following the mega-success of his wife’s Becoming release, Barack Obama is poised to debut his own memoir, A Promised Land, this fall. The former president made the literary announcement on Twitter on Thursday (Sept. 17).

“There’s no feeling like finishing a book and I’m proud of this one,” Obama tweeted while explaining that he tries to give an “honest account” of his presidency in the book. The release will also touch on “the forces we grapple with as a nation, and how we can heal our division and make democracy work for everybody.”

There’s no feeling like finishing a book, and I’m proud of this one. In 'A Promised Land,' I try to provide an honest accounting of my presidency, the forces we grapple with as a nation, and how we can heal our divisions and make democracy work for everybody. pic.twitter.com/T1QSZVDvOm

— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) September 17, 2020

The highly anticipated and introspective release takes readers on a “compelling journey” and details Obama’s “improbable odyssey from a young man searching for his identity to leader of the free world.” Included in the memoir are striking personal details about his political education, as well as landmark moments from his first term presidency.

The Obamas secured the reported $60 million book deals around a year after ending their tenure in the White House. Michelle Obama’s book became the best-selling memoir in history.

A Promised Land is currently available for pre-order at Obamabook.com. The memoir will be released on Nov. 17.

Continue Reading

Top Stories