justin-schneider-strangles-woman-no-jail-time
KTVA Screenshot

Alaska Man Receives No Jail Time After Kidnapping, Suffocating And Masturbating On Victim

Oh, so white men are privileged privileged.

Boys and girls gather round for today we will discuss privilege, namely white male privilege and how it only works if you're a (you guessed it) white male.

According to KTV, 34-year-old Justin Schneider walked out of an Alaskan courtroom last week after striking a plea deal with the state. A grand jury indicted Schneider on four felony charges including kidnapping, assault and one misdemeanor count of Harassment 1-offensive contact with fluids-for an Aug. 27 sexual assault in which he strangled a woman then masturbated on her as she was unconscious.

Per the deal, Schneider pled guilty to one felony assault charge in exchange for a two-year sentence with one year suspended. He received credit for time served and evaded jail.

KTVA previously reported a criminal complaint against Schneider was filed by the victim who met him at a gas station looking for a ride to Muldoon. A man later identified as Schneider pulled up in a white SUV and introduced himself as "Dan" and offered the woman a ride.

“(The victim) said that she had never met the man in her life prior to this encounter, and nothing else about their encounter involved drugs, sex or money, or sex for money,” Detective Brett  Sarber wrote.

Instead of heading to the victim's desired location, Schneider drove to 36th Avenue and Turnagain Street where they were stopped by road construction. A construction worker later recalled seeing Schneider and the victim when questioned by local police.

Schneider reportedly drove to another area where he asked the victim to get out of the SUV and help him load items. It was there the victim says she was "full-on attacked,"  by Schneider who shoved her to the ground and strangled her with both hands before she lost consciousness.

<script>

"She said she could not fight him off, he was too heavy and had her down being choked to death," Sarber wrote. "(The victim) said she lost consciousness, thinking she was going to die."

When the victim came to she saw Schneider zipping up his pants. He handed her a tissue, which was later used as evidence. "The man told her that he wasn't really going to kill her, that he needed her to believe she was going to die so that he could be sexually fulfilled," Sarber wrote.

Prosecutor Andrew Grannik said in court Wednesday (Sept. 19) the decision to let Schneider go was "a pass"

"But I would like the gentleman to be on notice that this is his one pass. It's not really a pass, but given the conduct, one might consider that it is."

This is America...don't catch you slippin' up.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Scott Olson

North Carolina Prosecutors Say Teen Would Still Be Alive If Cops Pursued Evidence From 2016

North Carolina prosecutors have placed blame on local law enforcement stating had police pursued evidence, 13-year-old Hania Aguilar would still be alive.

Robeson County District Attorney Luther Johnson Britt spoke with reporters Wednesday (Dec. 12) and said authorities were able to link suspect Michael Ray McLellan to an unrelated rape case for about a year but failed to take action.

"This hurts," Britt said. "This is like taking a punch to the gut and not being prepared to get it."

McLellan has been charged with first-degree murder and a host of other charges related to the kidnapping, rape, and murder of the teen. He's being held without bail. Last month, Hania was kidnapped from her driveway by the 34-year-old and forced into a relative's vehicle.

The eighth grader's body was found last week in water and the SUV was found less than 10 miles away from her body. Britt told CNN with the help of an interpreter he spoke to the teen's mother and explained their daughter wouldn't be coming home.

"It was a difficult conversation to have with her," he added. "Maybe the most difficult conversation I've ever had with a victim's family -- to tell them that had this information been followed up on -- her daughter might be alive."

Sheriff Burnis Wilkins said the department would launch an internal investigation.

READ MORE: Time's Up Legal's Defense Fund Is Throwing A Star-Studded ebay Auction

Continue Reading
Drew Angerer

Incoming Attorney General Letitia James Planning Investigation Of Donald Trump And Co.

Incoming New York Attorney General Letitia James is planning a sweeping investigation of Donald Trump, his family and anyone associated with the president.

While speaking with NBC News, James said she will use every corner of the law to look at any illegal activity committed.

“We will use every area of the law to investigate President Trump and his business transactions and that of his family as well," James said.

Specifically, James will investigate any illegal activity associated with the president's New York real-estate holdings, including the 2016 meeting with a Russian official at Trump Tower and any government subsidies he's received.

"We want to investigate anyone in his orbit who has, in fact, violated the law,” the Democratic attorney general said.

After James announced her forthcoming investigation, Trump's former attorney Michael Cohen will face the music for lying to Congress and violating campaign laws. Cohen faces four years in prison.

READ MORE: Donald Trump "I'm The Least Racist Person...That I Can Tell You"

Continue Reading
Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Oscar Grant's Family Advocates To Have Fruitvale Station Named After Him

Nearly 10 years to the day of his passing, Oscar Grant III's family is aiming to build a tangible legacy in his honor. A request to rename Fruitvale Station in Oakland, Calif., the location where Grant was fatally shot by a police officer on Jan. 1, 2009, has been made. At 22, Grant was killed by a Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) officer while he was handcuffed and face down on the train's platform. The officers were responding to a fight on a crowded train and apprehended Grant and other riders.

“It would be an atonement, it would be part of BART saying yes this happened here, we vow that it won’t happen again and we vow to work with the communities and ensure that all people are treated equally,” Wanda Johnson, Grant's mother, said.

According to KGO-TV, BART officials have declared the family's plea unlikely, not based upon the reason of the request, but rather that BART policy requires all stations' names to align with its geographical position. The Oakland transit system will instead install a mural honoring the late father. Currently, in the planning stages, the family also requested a side street at Fruitvale be named after their fallen family member.

Killed in the blink of an eye, Grant's case made him one of the many faces of police brutality. Cellphone cameras caught officers handcuff an unarmed Grant, who was later shot in the back. He died shortly after in a California hospital.

READ MORE: 'Fruitvale Station': Michael B. Jordan On the Many Layers of Oscar Grant 

Continue Reading

Top Stories