Bill Cosby Retrial Commences In Pennsylvania
Getty Images

Bill Cosby Had “The Most Racist And Sexist” Trial In U.S. History, Publicist Says

“They persecuted Jesus and look what happened.”

Bill Cosby is a victim of racism and sexism, his publicist said in a lengthy defense of the 81-year-old comedian that included a comparison to the persecution of Jesus Christ.

Andrew Wyatt read a statement from his cell-phone while addressing the media outside of a Pennsylvania courtroom Tuesday (Sept. 26), moments after Judge Steven O’Neill sentenced Cosby to three to 10 years in prison. “This has been the most racist and sexist trial in the history of the United States,” declared Wyatt.

He also called Cosby “one of the “greatest civil rights leaders” and “one of the greatest educators of men and boys,” in the last 50 years.

“This was not pointed out to the jury or allowed in court because the racist and sexist mass media was attacking and denouncing Dr. Cosby whenever his lawyers even hinted that there was racism and sexism present,” he said. “All three of the psychologists who testified against Dr. Cosby were white women who make money off of accusing black men of being sexual predators.”

The nearly three-minute statement included a nod to Brett Kavanaugh -- the Supreme Court nominee accused of sexual assault. Kavanaugh and Cosby are both victims of the “sex war,” Wyatt said. Further in the speech, Wyatt confirmed plans to appeal the sentence and prove that prosecutors “falsified” evidence in order to convict Cosby.

Despite being taken into custody immediately after court, Cosby is doing “great” because he’s protected by God, Wyatt said. “He knows that these are lies.”

“They persecuted Jesus and look what happened,” Wyatt added. “Not saying Mr. Cosby is Jesus, but we know what this country has done to black men for centuries. So, Mr. Cosby’s doing fine, he’s holding up well and everybody who wants to say anything negative, you’re a joke as well.”

In April, Cosby was convicted on multiple counts of drugging and raping Andrea Constand during a 2004 assault. In addition to prison time, the Cosby Show star will have to register as a sexual predator for life.

Although Camille Cosby was noticeably absent from the courtroom when her husband was sentenced, she showed a united front in a statement read through her spokesperson denying that Cosby received a "fair trial."

See below for full statements from the Cosby PR team.

READ MORE: Lil Boosie Thinks R. Kelly, Usher, Bill Cosby And Russell Simmons Are Innocent

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Jordyn Woods Talks Being "Bullied By The World" After Tristan Thompson Drama

In her first interview since appearing on Red Table Talk, Jordyn Woods shed light into the bullying that she endured in the aftermath of the Tristan Thompson cheating scandal that may have ended her relationship with the Kardashian-Jenner crew.

As previously reported, Woods was busted kissing Thompson, Khloe Kardashian’s ex-boyfriend, during a party at his house. After her Red Table Talk interview, Khloe attempted to blame Woods for ruining her family, but after receiving backlash, the reality star changed her tune.

During an appearance at Nigeria’s Homecoming Festival last weekend, Woods spoke about how the public backlash gave her an understanding of what it feels like to be a black woman.

“My little sister was bullied in school and I wanted to show her that if I was bullied by the world you can [get through it],” she said in a video from a panel discussion that was published by the Daily Mail. “I understood for the first time what it’s like being a black woman in  society, and how we can be so disrespected and nobody can really understand to that extent until you have to live it.”

The appearance in Nigeria marked Woods’ first trip to the Motherland. Despite being bullied online, Woods has seemingly bounced back stronger than before the Kardashian drama. After her initial interview with Jada Pinkett-Smith, Woods was flooded with support and has reportedly been scoring various business opportunities in light of the incident.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Diddy Opens Up About Kim Porter In Emotional Interview

Diddy is opening up about the day his “life turned upside down.” In the May 2019 issue of Essence magazine, the 49-year-old mogul speaks about hopping into “mommy mode” after the shocking death of model/actress Kim Porter, who was his ex-girlfriend and the mother of four of his children.

“She was unforgettable,” Diddy told writer and producer Dream Hampton. “That day turned my world upside down. Three days before she passed, she wasn’t feeling well. She had the flu, and she sent the kids over to my house so they wouldn’t get sick. One night I was checking on her, and she was like, ‘Puffy, take care of my babies.’ She actually said that to me before she died.”

Diddy graces the magazine’s special 49th anniversary cover alongside his and Porter’s 12-year-old twin daughters, D’Lila and Jessie, as well their 21-year-old son, Christian, and 27-year-old Quincy Brown, Porter’s son with Al B. Sure. The Bad Boy Records founder's tween daughter Chance, who was born weeks before the twins, also appears on the cover along with Justin Combs, Diddy’s 25-year-old son with Misa Hylton.

In the six months since Porter's death, the “unconventional” blended family has been working through the massive loss of their beloved matriarch. Porter, 46, died last November following a bout with lobar pneumonia.

Although Diddy believes that Porter was his “soulmate” the pair endured ups and downs that they were eventually able to “heal” from, he explained.

“The betrayal really affected Kim,” Diddy said in reference to his infidelity, before admitting that he feared that he may lose his “best friend,” at one point in their relationship.

Building “trust” mended the emotional wounds. “There was total trust,” he said. “Whenever I was around her, I felt as though God had his hand in it. I always felt like God had sent her. Nobody could love me the way she loved me, especially as, you know, as crazy as I acted. I mean, she loved me through some real s**t.”

Continue Reading
Getty Images

DJ Paul Sues Travis Scott For Copyright Infringement

DJ Paul has filed a multi-million dollar copyright infringement lawsuit against Travis Scott for allegedly stealing his music.

According to TMZ, the Three 6 Mafia member accuses Scott of snatching a portion of the hook from his 1997 track “Tear Da Club Up,” for “No Bystanders” off the 27-year-old rapper’s Astroworld album.

Paul claims that the hooks to both songs are “virtually identical and strikingly similar,” reports The Blast. The lawsuit also notes that the songs sound so much alike that Scott changed his lyrics from to “f**k da club up,” “tear the club up” during his Grammys performance in February, without Paul's permission.

The Memphis native is asking for at least $20 million in damages. However, TMZ reported that Scott reached out to Paul sometime Tuesday (April 23) to potentially work out the legal matter.

The “Sicko Mode” rapper has faced multiple lawsuits over the last two years, including being sued for canceling a music festival performance. Last week, Scott lost a nearly $400,000 lawsuit after being sued for pulling out of a party during Super Bowl weekend. In 2017, La Flame was hit with a lawsuit brought on by a fan who was paralyzed after sustaining injuries during one of his concerts.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories