geoffrey-owens-responds-trader-joes-job-shaming-2-1536071520-640x3601-1536326877
Good Morning America/ ABC

Geoffrey Owens Will Appear In 10 Episodes Of 'The Haves And The Have Nots'

The show is about to film its sixth season.

Former Cosby Show actor Geoffrey Owens re-entered the public conversation after photographs of him working at Trader Joe's in New Jersey went viral. While the photographer Karma Lawrence said she didn't send the pictures out to websites for money or to embarrass Owens, he is taking everything in stride.

Hollywood rallied behind the Yale alumni, and Tyler Perry voiced his support and offered him an acting job on one of his shows. It appears he was not bluffing either, because TMZ reports that Owens will appear on not one, not two...but ten episodes of Perry's hit show The Haves and the Have Nots.

Owens is reportedly flying out to Atlanta to shoot the show next week. There's no word as to what type of role he will portray on the show, but we're excited for this new chapter in his acting career.

During an interview with Good Morning America, Owens said he hopes that job-shaming can end in the near future, because all jobs are important and necessary.

“I hope what doesn’t pass is this re-thinking about what it means to work…” he said. “A re-evaluation of the idea that some jobs are better than others, because that’s actually not true… Every job is worthwhile and valuable and if we have kind of a re-thinking about that because of what’s happened to me, that would be great.”

READ MORE: Tyler Perry Offers Geoffrey Owens An Acting Gig Amid Trader Joe’s Job Shaming

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Madame Tussauds’ New Beyonce Wax Figure Has Fans Doing A Double Take

It took several attempts, but Madame Tussauds London finally got it right. The wax museum unveiled a new Beyonce wax figure Thursday (Sept. 19) and it looks identical to the 38-year-old superstar.

The statue depicts Bey raising a black power fist during her historic Coachella performance, and celebrates the Houston native as a member of music royalty. In keeping with the royal theme, Bey's wax figure was placed alongside British royals including Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Queen Elizabeth for one day, before moving to the music section of the museum beginning Sept. 20.

“Beyoncé is a living legend, rightly crowned Queen Bey by her legions of fans and industry insiders. If anyone is fitting of a claim to The Queen’s spot in our attraction for the very first time, it’s Beyoncé,” Steve Davies, General Manager at Madame Tussauds London said in a statement. “HRH Queen Elizabeth II is famous for her mischievous sense of humour and we think a wry smile will cross her face when she sees that music royalty has temporarily filled her shoes. In the words of Beyoncé herself, Her Majesty is most definitely ‘irreplaceable’ so Queen Bey will take her spot for one day only before her figure moves to own our music stage.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

It's time to bow down to THE QUEEN 👑 🐝

A post shared by Madame Tussauds London (@madametussauds) on Sep 19, 2019 at 12:00am PDT

The intricate design nails every little detail, from Bey’s perfectly shaped eyebrows and minimalist makeup to her metallic fringe boots, jeans shorts and yellow sweatshirt.

Madame Tussaud’s latest Bey-inspired wax work has been getting rave reviews from the Bey Hive and Beyonce’s mother, Tina Lawson.

“They got this one right!!! I Love this wax statue of Beyonce’ ! It’s right on the button, even the legs,” Lawson wrote on Instagram.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

They got this one right!!!😂I Love this wax statue of Beyonce’ ! It’s right on the button , even the legs ❤️❤️❤️ @madametussauds

A post shared by Tina Knowles (@mstinalawson) on Sep 19, 2019 at 4:14pm PDT

Madame Tussauds has previously unveiled several Beyonce wax figures of over the years, many of which look absolutely nothing like her.

Embed from Getty Images

Embed from Getty Images

Embed from Getty Images

The latest wax figure is the first in a pair of Beyonce statues set to join the world-famous attraction. The second statue is scheduled to make its debut in October.

Read more reactions to Bey’s new wax figure below.

this is the first Beyoncé wax figure i’ve seen that actually looks like her. congrats, took the world 45 tries https://t.co/irvPP28Q1y

— pb (@paigebrittany) September 19, 2019

OMG!! Y'all finally got her right! This is the first wax figure by Madame Tuesday that actually looks like Beyoncé. https://t.co/lb0Z3Cty7Q

— B∆Kyoncé (@MeetMeHere3) September 19, 2019

Madame Tussauds DID THAT

Best wax figure I've ever seen of Beyoncé pic.twitter.com/KEjl7Hiu5l

— Mary Wilson (@MaryWilsonTV) September 19, 2019

Continue Reading
Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images for EJAF

‘RHOA’ Star Kenya Moore And Husband Marc Daly Announce Split

After two years of marriage and the birth of their “miracle baby,” Real Housewives of Atlanta star Kenya Moore and husband, Marc Daly, are calling it quits. Moore announced the split Thursday (Sept. 19) in a statement to People magazine.

“It is with profound sadness that I regret to inform my fans that I am divorcing my husband Marc Daly,” Moore told the outlet. “Due to recent and ongoing circumstances, I can no longer continue in the marriage. My sole concern and focus is and will always be my daughter, Brooklyn, my miracle baby. She was made in love and true commitment. I ask for our privacy to be respected moving forward.”

The reality star didn’t go into detail about what caused the marriage to end but according to LoveBScott.com, the break up could have to do with newfound information about Daly's personal life. According to the site, Daly was married before and has two other children from his first marriage.

Daly seemingly slammed rumors surrounding the end of their marriage in a separate statement. “I have come to the difficult decision to separate from Kenya at this time,” he said. “Our daughter has two parents that love her very much and in her best interests, this situation should remain as private as possible.” The restauranteur added that he cherishes “our family’s good times together and will continue to co-parent in a loving way.”

“Rumors, innuendo or false accusations only serve to hurt our family and will be addressed through counsel as the law permits,” the statement continues. “Please respect our privacy during this challenging period.”

Moore, 48, and Daly, 49, began dating in December 2016, and wed six months later. The beach nuptials became an ongoing topic of discussion when Moore returned for season 10 of RHOA. The former Miss USA confirmed her departure from the reality show in 2018, but will return for season 12 of RHOA, which debuts later this year.

Continue Reading
Joshua Blanchard

Studio Finds No Inappropriate Behavior In 'Rookie' Afton Williamson Allegation

Back in August, former "The Rookie" star Afton Williamson publically outlined claims of bullying, harassment and sexual assault against the head of the show's hair department. Taking to Instagram, the actress alleged Sally Nicole Ciganovich and guest star Demetrius Grosse as the culprits. However on Tuesday, (Sept. 17) Entertainment One released a statement stating after an investigation was conducted, there was no proof to any of Williamson's claims. Williamson, took to social media to blast the findings.

“It’s heartbreaking for everyone on that set, past, and present, and for every actor out there who stands in the face of harassment, discrimination, assault, and injustice,” Williamson wrote. “As a black woman, an artist, an actor, in 2019, my speaking the truth, standing up for myself, and leaving an unsafe work environment changed things for a lot of people: black women, artists, actors, victims, and survivors of injustice and discrimination.”

Demetrius Grosse’s attorney, Andrew Brettler, called Williamson's claim "completely meritless."

"My client was libeled all over the media before any of the claims could even be verified. No one should publish serious allegations like these in such a reckless manner. Demetrius lost multiple jobs as a result of being falsely accused. We’re glad that the investigation has been completed and are grateful to eOne for its unwavering support. Onward.”

In a separate statement, ABC expressed gratitude the investigation was over.

“We are glad that eOne has completed an investigation into allegations on the set of ‘The Rookie.’ We are confident that eOne takes these matters seriously and that they will continue to look for the best ways to surface concerns and address complaints.”

Continue Reading

Top Stories