2018 US Weekly Most Stylish New Yorkers
Getty Images

Don Lemon Says White Men Are Biggest Terror Threat: "There Is No Travel Ban On Them"

The CNN news anchor isn't holding anything back. 

Don Lemon is making some bold statements in light of the recent terror attacks happening around the nation. During a news segment late Monday (Oct. 29), the CNN anchor declared that white men were the "biggest terror threat" in the country.

"I keep trying to point out to people and not to demonize any one group or any one ethnicity," Lemon said. "But we keep thinking that the biggest terror threat is something else, someone people who are marching, you know, towards the border, like it's imminent."

He continued: "And the last time they did this, a couple hundred people came and they -- you know, most of them did get into the country, most of them tired-- you know, got tuckered out before they made it to the border. So, we have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them."

The anchor also noted that if there is a ban on Muslims, there should also be a ban on white men. "There is no travel ban on them," he stated. "There is no ban on -- you know, they had the Muslim ban. There is no white guy ban."

Lemon is referring to the recent hate crimes inflicted by white men around the country. His "travel ban" comment is referring to Trump's 2017 ban, which prevents U.S. citizens from traveling to and from five Muslim-based countries. The Supreme Court upheld the ban in June 2018 with a 5-4 vote.

Watch Don Lemon's full statement in the video below.

From the Web

More on Vibe

Alex Edelman / AFP) (Photo by ALEX EDELMAN/AFP via Getty Images

Netflix, HBO Max Acquire Streaming Rights To ‘Chappelle’s Show’

Dave Chappelle’s self-titled sketch comedy show is headed to streaming services. The popular series will hit Netflix and HBO Max on November 1.

“The best news you’ve heard all year: Chappelle’s Show is coming to Netflix US,” the streaming giant announced on Friday (Oct. 30).

The best news you've heard all year: Chappelle's Show is coming to Netflix US pic.twitter.com/yMOOaf3BDA

— Netflix Is A Joke (@NetflixIsAJoke) October 30, 2020

HBO Max acquired Chappelle’s Show, Inside Amy Schumer, Reno 911, Nathan For You, and Key & Peele in a non-exclusive licensing deal between ViacomCBS and the Warner-media-backed streaming outlet, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The deals expands on a previously forged $500 million deal between HBO Max and Comedy Central for the streaming rights to South Park.

Chappelle’s Show aired on Comedy Central from 2003-2006. The series came to an abrupt end after Chappelle famously walked away from a $50 million deal with the cable network. The comedian stepped out of the spotlight for a while before re-emerging, and eventually signing a $60 million Netflix deal.

Continue Reading
Beyonce Knowles-Carter attends the European Premiere of Disney's "The Lion King" at Odeon Luxe Leicester Square on July 14, 2019 in London, England.
Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images for Disney

Beyoncé Says She’s Focused On “Joy,” Shares How 2020 Changed Her Life

Beyoncé posed for three separate covers for the December 2020 issue of British Vogue. The covers debuted on Friday (Oct. 30), and were shot by 21-year-old Kennedi Carter, the youngest photographer in history to shoot a British Vogue cover.

In a rare interview with British Vogue editor-in-chief Edward Enninful, Bey shares how 2020 changed her life. “It would be difficult to experience life in a pandemic and the current social unrest and not be changed,” she says. “I have learnt that my voice is clearer when I am still. I truly cherish this time with my family, and my new goal is to slow down and shed stressful things from my life.

“I came into the music industry at 15 years old and grew up with the world watching, and I have put out projects non-stop. I released Lemonade during the Formation World Tour, gave birth to twins, performed at Coachella, directed Homecoming, went on another world tour with Jay [Z], then Black is King, all back to back. It’s been heavy and hectic. I’ve spent a lot of time focussing on building my legacy and representing my culture the best way I know how. Now I’ve decided to give myself permission to focus on joy.”

 

View this post on Instagram

 

British Vogue December 2020

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 30, 2020 at 9:59am PDT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:14am PDT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 30, 2020 at 10:17am PDT

Elsewhere in the issue, which , hits newsstands on Nov. 6, Queen Bey speaks about her mission to elevate Black voices, and how becoming a mother changed her outlook, particular after welcoming her first child (Blue Ivy Carter) and giving birth to a son. “After having my son, Sir Carter, I felt it was important to uplift and praise our boys and to assure that they grow up with enough films, children’s books and music that promote emotional intelligence, self-value and our rich history. That’s why [Black is King] is dedicated to him.”

In other Bey news, the adidas x Ivy Park “Drip 2” collection debuted on Adidas.com on Thursday (Oct. 29), and in Adidas stores on Friday (Oct. 30). Needless to say, the online portion nearly sold out within minutes.

The lot includes women’s, men’s and gender neutral clothing options that includes cozy, oversized, and cropped hoodies, figure-hugging biker shorts, tights, bodysuits, sneakers, hats, socks, and more. The line comes in coral, canary, azure, honey, and dark green color pallets, and is available in plus sizes.

See photos below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 28, 2020 at 4:04pm PDT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 28, 2020 at 10:01pm PDT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 29, 2020 at 5:59am PDT

 

View this post on Instagram

 

A post shared by Beyoncé (@beyonce) on Oct 29, 2020 at 12:00pm PDT

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Trump Administration Vetted Rappers For Failed Covid-19 Ad Campaign

The Trump Administration put together a $265 million effort to round up the biggest rappers, singers, and actors in the entertainment industry to appear in a failed ad campaign about Covid-19. Lil Wayne, Roddy Ricch, Cardi B, Lil Uzi Vert, Ludacris, Ice-T, and Nicki Minaj were among at least 247 celebrities vetted by the Administration, according to documents obtained by the House Oversight Committee and published by Politico on Thursday (Oct. 29).

The Department of Health and Human Services paid a contractor $256 million to complete the tax-payer funded public service campaign by Election Day. TheAdministration “vetted spokespeople based on their political positions and whether they support President Trump,” House Democrats argued.

Fors Marsh, a strategic communications firm, won a $250 million contract with HHS a week before, Atlas Research secured a $15 million contract. The campaign was the brain child of Michael R. Caputo, the department's assistant secretary for public affairs.

The 34-page spreadsheet dubbed the, “PSA Celebrity Tracker,” includes notes on each celebrity’s political affiliation, possible comments about Trump and coronavirus, criminal history (if applicable), demographic, and whether or not they expressed interest in appearing in the PSA. The entry listed Wayne as a “maybe; follow-up” option who previously supported President Barack Obama, “doesn’t like Republicans, ” and is popular among “Black Americans,” “super spreaders,” and the “general population.” It’s unclear what transpired between Wayne and the Trump Administration in regard to the PSA. He did of course meet with Trump this week and endorsed his re-election campaign.

Jay-Z was listed under “maybe; follow-up” as well. The notes state that Hov spoke with his manager and might, “Reconsider depending on who signs.” The entry lists Jay's criminal history, and support of President Obama and Hillary Clinton.

Eminem, Lil Baby, Beyonce, Travis Scott, Snoop Dogg, Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Christina Aguilera, Will Smith, Jada Pinkett Smith, Tiffany Haddish, Kerry Washington, Issa Rae, Donald Glover, Chance the Rapper, and John Legend were also on the list.

Luda, Viola Davis, Dwayne Johnson, George Lopez, Zoe Saldana, Trevor Noah, Betty White and Britney Spears were some of the celebrities who turned down the offer, and it appears that most of the people on the list simply didn’t respond.

Singer Marc Anthony accepted but did not want his coronavirus quotes used for Trump’s election campaign, CNBC reports. Gospel legend CeCe Winans recorded a PSA but pulled out after receiving backlash once the clip hit the internet late last month.

Continue Reading

Top Stories