migos-yandhi-album-1540229971
Getty Images

Migos Might Appear Somewhere On Kanye West's 'Yandhi' Album

Migos had a hand in the making of Kanye West's 'Yandhi' album.

With every passing day, the Migos makes it clear that they are consistently at work. For the last few weeks, Quavo, Offset and Takeoff have been on the road with Drake for their Aubrey and the Three Amigos tour. Quavo also released his first solo effort Q U A V O H U N C H O on Oct. 12. But behind the scenes, the collective has been working on blessing projects from other members of the rap elite.

According to Quavo, the team has been working with Kanye West on his forthcoming Yandhi album. During a sit down with The Cruz Show on Power 106 Los Angeles, the host straight up asked the Migos Huncho if he had worked with West on his latest musical endeavor, which was supposed to have already been released on Sept. 29 before getting pushed back to an undisclosed date. "Yeah, for sure," he said. "We did a record for him for Yandhi."

If the Migos make the final cut, they'll be in good company as far as features and appearances are concerned. Last month, Ye shared that some of the artists whose presence will be felt on the album include late rapper XXXtentacion, Tekashi 6ix9ine, Ty Dolla $ign and possibly Rihanna.

Elsewhere in the interview, Quavo opened up about his opinions about a host of other OG rappers, such as JAY-Z and Will Smith ("He can rap, for sure," Quavo said of Smith. "When you that old and come in to son the youth like that, I feel like that's hard), his excitement for LeBron James to be playing in L.A. for the Lakers and the likelihood of him collaborating with JAY-Z post-"APESH*T." "It could happen, it just got to be the right record," he said of the latter.

Watch the full interview below.

READ MORE: Quavo Named Songwriter Of The Year At ASCAP Rhythm And Soul Music Awards

From the Web

More on Vibe

David Dee

Cardi B Pleads Not Guilty In Strip Club Fight Case

Cardi B reportedly pleaded not guilty to felony assault charges in connection to an alleged fight that took place at a New York City strip club, Reuters reports. The rapper appeared in at the New York Supreme Court in Queens on Tuesday (June 25).

The plea comes shortly after the "Press" artist was indicted for the alleged incident. As previously reported, Cardi is accused of facilitating a hit on two bartenders at the Angels Strip Club in Queens, New York in Aug. 2018. According to reports, Cardi ordered to associates to attack the two women with bottles and chairs.

Following her indictment, Cardi B participated in the 2019 BET Experience, where she told fans that she would not be going to prison. "I ain’t going to jail," she told the audience. "F **k you mean? I ain’t going to jail, I got a daughter!"

 

View this post on Instagram

 

After being indicted #cardib says....

A post shared by 945TheBeat (@945thebeat) on Jun 23, 2019 at 2:27pm PDT

Continue Reading
Roger Kisby

DaBaby Sued By Rapper His Security Allegedly Beat Him Into A Coma

DaBaby is reportedly being a sued by a rapper, who claims his security allegedly beat him into a coma, TMZ reports. Donald Saladin, also known as Don Trag, claims DaBaby was aware of his crew's violent tendencies and set them loose on him anyway.

In court documents obtained by TMZ, Saldin claims the "Suge" artist failed to provide his bodyguards with the proper training to avoid aggressive situations. As a result, Saldin said he sustained injuries to his head, eyes, neck, and spine. He was also in a coma for a short period of time.

As previously reported, the incident in question occurred at Centro Nightclub in Lawrence, Massachusetts earlier this year. The two artists were booked to perform at the same venue. Trag claims he asked to take a pic with DaBaby when their interaction turned violent. The rapper's crew then allegedly began to jump him as DaBaby looked on. Footage obtained by TMZ showed a clip of the beating.

Trag reportedly racked up $30,000 in hospital bills and anticipates up to $75,000 in additional bills, the lawsuit claims. He is suing DaBaby for damages.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Louisiana Mayor Apologizes To Sam Cooke 56 Years After His Death

More than 50 years after Sam Cooke's death, a Louisiana mayor has issued an apology to the beloved singer after experiencing poor treatment at a Holiday Inn.

According to a CNN affiliate KSLA, In 1963, Cooke and his band made reservations at a Shreveport Holiday Inn, north of downtown. However, the entertainer was turned away because he's black.

During the city's annual "Let The Good Times Rool" festival, Mayor Adrian Perkins apologized to Cooke's daughter and presented her with a key to the city.

"We need to come to terms with our past so we can move forward in a positive way, so this is the beginning. Specifically, with this, it's a beginning of a new relationship with the Cooke family," Perkins said.

Cooke and the band members were in town to perform, but were arrested later that day after leaving the hotel lobby for "blowing their car horn loudly and interrupting other guests." They were held for five hours and released on a $102 bond, according to the 1963 Shreveport Journal.

David Washington, a close friend of the late singer, said the honking was due to a car malfunction and not a petty act of revenge from being denied the right to say. The incident at the Holiday Inn helped is believed to have spawned his most famous song, "A Change Is Gonna Come."

The following year in December 1964, Sam Cooke was shot and killed in a Los Angeles hotel. He was 33.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories