GettyImages-490064626-1525467916-640x427-1540250177
Getty Images

'Lifetime' Reveals Trailer For Three-Part R. Kelly Docu-Series

Will you be watching?

The world is learning more and more about R. Kelly's alleged issues involving underage girls and women, and a Lifetime docu-series airing early next year will chronicle the stories of his accusers.

Surviving R. Kelly will air in three installments- Thursday, January 3rd at 9 p.m. ET/PT; Friday, January 4th at 9 p.m. ET/PT; and Saturday, January 5th at 9 p.m. ET/PT. Big names who are vocal opponents of the embattled musician including John Legend and Me Too founder Tarana Burke briefly appear in the official trailer for the series.

According to Rolling Stone, over 50 people were interviewed for the series, including Kelly's ex-girlfriend Kitti Jones, his ex-wife Andrea Kelly and his two brothers Carey and Bruce. The trailer reveals that the topics explored in the series include his alleged sex cult, his conduct at concerts and the improprieties black female victims of sexual assault face in the eyes of the media.

"He ain't a monster by himself," says R&B singer Sparkle in the trailer. "It took some help."

“Some very brave black women have trusted us with their stories, their truth and their trauma,” the series' executive producer Dream Hampton said earlier this year. “They are survivors, and I’m honored to share their stories with the world.”

Watch the trailer below.

READ MORE: Throw The Whole Man Away: Why The Black Community Must Stop Supporting R. Kelly

From the Web

More on Vibe

Andre 3000 Stars In New Space Thriller 'High Life'

A new space thriller is coming to theaters this year. Andre 3000 will star in the new film alongside Twilight's Robert Pattinson in High Life, and the first trailer looks pretty intense.

The feature focuses on a group of criminals who are coerced into a mission to travel towards a black hole to find an alternate energy source. They are also forced to undergo sexual experiments while in outer space. The 2-minute preview features Pattinson and Andre 3000 as they struggle to survive on the spaceship.

High Life originally premiered at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival in Sept. 2018. It received positive reviews from numerous film critics.

"High Life is as visually arresting as it is challenging, confounding, and ultimately rewarding - which is to say it's everything film fans expect from director Claire Denis," Rotten Tomatoes said of the film.

The film is written and directed by Claire Denis. High Life will hit theaters on Apr. 12. Watch the new trailer in the video above.

Continue Reading
Romain Maurice

They Don't Want You To Win: D.J. Khaled Joins 'Bad Boys' Sequel

D.J. Khaled knows they don't want you to win, but that hasn't stopped the producer and performer from doing just that.

Variety reports Asahd's father will star alongside Will Smith and Martin Lawrence in the forthcoming action-comedy Bad Boys For Life. It's unclear at this time what role Khaled will play.

Also joining the cast is Vanessa Hudgins, Alexander Ludwig, Charles Melton, Jacob Scipio, and Paola Nuñez. Joe Pantoliano reprises his role as the irritable Captain Howard.

Smith and Lawrence play detectives Mike Lowery, and Marcus Burnett respectively. While Lowery shoots first and asks questions later, Burnett, the family man, tries desperately to incorporate a more pragmatic approach.

Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will helm the film and Jerry Bruckheimer returns as the franchise producer. The first Bad Boys was released in 1995 with a $23 million budget and earned $141 million in the box office. Bad Boys II released in 2003 had a $130 million budget and earned $273 million.

The third installment of the buddy-cop film revolves around a new specialized unit that clashes with Lowery and Burnett's old-school tactics when a new criminal threat emerges in Miami.

Continue Reading
Kevin Winter/Getty Images

YG Hints At Follow-Up Song To "F**k Donald Trump"

Since Donald Trump's inauguration two years ago, YG has been a staunch opposer of No. 45. The Compton native has amplified his stance through public statements to recording his disdain on the 2016 single "FDT" which stands for "F**k Donald Trump."

Now, on Jan. 15, the Still Krazy rapper took to Twitter to alert the masses that the "FDT" follow-up is on the way. The message, which went viral with over 20,000 retweets, ignited a wave of excitement within fans. Although YG released another part of the song featuring G-Eazy and Macklemore, details are still a little murky as to the exact type of content or format his rumored melody will entail.

When the original "FDT" was released, YG claimed the Secret Service contacted his record label, Def Jam, to review more lyrical content on his album. In an interview with Rolling Stone, YG said, "The Secret Service started calling in about the song when it got released. The song didn’t release through Def Jam; we just leaked it. So then, weeks passed. I’m turning in my album and the song was. … It’s goin’ crazy. I saw that and I’m like, 'Damn. I need to put this on the album.' We had to censor damn near a big part of the song. But I did it because the record was important. I’m like, 'Man, this sh*t got to be on the album. F**k it.”

"FDT" was eventually turned into a national tour with the proceeds benefiting victims of police brutality. "Like, we was just trying to really make the tour mean something real besides the 'F**k Trump' thing, because I don't want nobody to think I'm just trying to do this to capitalize off what's going on and his name," he said. "It's like nah, like I'm really out here for the people. And I'm gonna show y'all in so many different ways."

FUCK DONALD TRUMP 2 BOMING SOON

— STAY DANGEROUS (@YG) January 15, 2019

Revisit the original song below featuring Nipsey Hussle.

Continue Reading

Top Stories