R Kelly In Concert - Detroit, MI
Getty Images

Disgruntled Parents Create 'R. Kelly Abuse Hotline' For Accusers

"There’s no age limit on being mind-controlled, drugged, brainwashed."

The parents of R. Kelly's alleged abuse victims are stepping up and taking action. Timothy and Jonjelyn Savage – the parents of Jocelyn Savage who have accused the singer of holding their daughter hostage – have reportedly created an "abuse hotline" for other victims who claim they have had unlawful interactions with Kelly.

The Savages have reportedly received in influx of at least 80 women or parents regarding allegations of abuse against Kelly, Mic confirms. The hotline allows callers to leave a message, detailing their experience.

"One reason I feel that he’s been getting away with a lot of the allegations for the last two decades is because people feel he has money and power and they don’t have the resources to fight him," Jonjelyn Savage said.

The Savages confirmed one of the victim callers was Faith Rodger, who filed a lawsuit against Kelly in May 2018, alleging that he "mentally, sexually, and verbally" abused her and infected her with herpes. "She was afraid to go to her parents and we treated her like she was our own daughter," Timothy Savage said of his conversation with Rodgers. "We told her, 'Go to the doctor, get tested and then once the test comes back, if you need us to help you talk to your parents, we will.'"

In addition to helping victims seek proper counseling, the Savages want to start building a case against Kelly so that he could possibly face legal action or consequences. Jonjelyn has reportedly been screening messages to filter out prank calls or calls from fans defending Kelly. After further review, she reaches out to those individuals to inquire about more details.

As previously reported, R. Kelly's career has been plagued by allegations of sexual and physical abuse. BuzzFeed previously published a report in Feb. 2017, alleging that he was keeping several women against their will in his two homes in Chicago and Atlanta. The Savages have been at the forefront of the movement to shut Kelly's alleged operation down. They have done several interviews, pleading for their daughter to come home as well as started campaigns to have R. Kelly questioned by the police. The Savages claim they haven't seen their daughter since Dec. 2017.

“There’s no age limit on being mind-controlled, drugged, brainwashed, there’s no age limit on that,” Jonjelyn said. “So the more we have more young ladies or even men, or parents that are willing to speak out, the more we think it can help our daughter as well as helping other victims.”

For more information regarding the abuse hotline, check out the Instagram post below.

READ MORE: Why The Black Community Must Stop Supporting R. Kelly

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

H.E.R. Shares Studio Photo, Teases Collaboration With Ty Dolla $ign

While fans patiently await the release of H.E.R.’s debut album, the Grammy-winning singer is dropping hints on at least one upcoming collaboration. H.E.R. seemingly confirmed via social media Friday (March 15) that her full-length studio effort could be in the works.

The “Hard Place” singer tweeted a photo captioned, “Issa album coming,” and it looks like Ty Dolla Sign is involved.

Issa album coming. pic.twitter.com/x2YBguongb

— H.E.R. (@HERMusicx) March 15, 2019

Since the Bay Area native failed to clarify if the album on the way is her heavily anticipated debut (though it seems pretty clear), some fans are wondering if a joint album with Ty could be in the works.

Whatever the case, the 21-year-old R&B star's cryptic posts are keeping fans on their toes, and giving them a peak into her creative journey.

In VIBE's latest cover story, H.E.R. shared how she deals with pressure of being one of the most buzzed about new artists in R&B. “It’s a great expectation,” said the Bay Area native. “It’s a great thing to hear people putting me up to this standard and putting me on this pedestal and expecting greatness from me, but at the end of the day, I’m just trying to be a better me as an artist musically. As a person, I’m just trying to be better than I was yesterday and continue to elevate. I keep hearing all this stuff. It’s so easy to second-guess and overthink everything you’re doing now that people are watching. That’s when it starts to go downhill when you give in to that pressure.

“I have to keep doing me,” she continued. “I have to not look at what everybody else is doing, or what everybody else thinks should be happening right now.”

See video of H.E.R.’s recent studio session below.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

I’m playing drums again. Lol. I’m about to get nice. Just wait 😂 @tydollasign @theycallmecamper @flippa123 @saintluk3 WE LOCKED. 5AM VIBES

A post shared by H.E.R. (@hermusicofficial) on Mar 14, 2019 at 10:10am PDT

Continue Reading

Teyana Taylor Enlists ASAP Rocky And More For "Issues/Hold On" Video

Teyana Taylor is back with the latest visual from her 2018 studio album. The singer dropped the video for "Issues/Hold On" on Friday (Mar. 15),  featuring an all-star cast.

The nearly 4-minute video, which was also directed by Taylor, appears to be set it in the 1970s. It follows the love story of Teyana and her partner, ASAP Rocky. The video shows snapshots of key moments in their lives, including the first time they locked eyes and a retro wedding. Their love story isn't all butterflies though. The couple is forced to confront each other after Rocky is caught getting too close to Teyana's bestie, Lori Harvey. The video also includes cameos from Tyler The Creator, and ASAP Ferg.

"Issues/Hold On" is the latest single to receive video treatment from Teyana's album, KTSE. The album, which debuted in June 2018, was the last release from the G.O.O.D Music imprint.

Moments after the video hit streaming platforms, Teyana took to Instagram, explaining how important it was to her. "Let’s gooooooooo! This video is very special to me and I would like to thank everyone apart of making this magical with me," she wrote.

Watch "Issues/Hold On" in above.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

ISSUES/ HOLD ON IS OFFICIALLY HERE!!!!! And avail on all platforms! Check it out now!!! Link is in my bio!!! Let’s gooooooooo! This video is very special to me and I would like to thank everyone apart of making this magical with me! @asaprocky @asapferg @lori_harvey_ @feliciathegoat @kristennoelcrawley Powered by @theauntiesinc Directed by: @aspiketeejoint AD: @dimpace DP: @turtlevanbry Line producer: @madebyyusufali @ikc.pro Gaffer: @gregloebell Key grip: @abitofbuffalo 1st AC: @tavodood Wardrobe/stylist: @seannita @ejking Hair: @stylezofporscha MUA: @japanesefaces PAs: @grahamfromthecrypt @kelo_of_dopeness @andeewarhol @a_mighty_life The Petunia’s and Petunia Band: @iamchloemitchell @japanesefaces @coco_gilbert @marlon23rd @juju_anr Casting: @espritcasting 💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

A post shared by Jimmy Neutch- Shumpert (@teyanataylor) on Mar 15, 2019 at 12:03pm PDT

Continue Reading
Marcus Ingram

Update: Soulja Boy Released From Jail, Says He’s Not Going Out "Like 6ix9ine"

Update: 12:00 am ET (March 16, 2019) — Soulja Boy was released from custody hours after being arrested on Friday (March 15).

The 28-year-old rapper took to Instagram Live with a rant about getting out of jail and having the “biggest comeback” of 2018. “I'm not goin' out like 6ix9ine, you got me f**ed up, bruh,” he added.

Soulja was freed from jail in time to make his scheduled performance at the Los Angeles Clippers Game.

Original story below…  

---

Soulja Boy can't seem to stay out of trouble. The rapper was reportedly arrested Friday morning (Mar. 15) after police discovered firearms and  ammo in his possession, TMZ reports.

According to reports, Soulja was on his way to meet up with his probation officer in San Fernando Valley when he was detained by police. He is currently sitting in jail in Van Nuys, a neighborhood in Los Angeles.

The "Pretty Boy Swag" artist's latest arrest is reportedly a violation of his probation. The rapper is currently on probation stemming from his weapons conviction dating back eight years. In 2016, Soulja added more time to his probation sentence after cops discovered at least one weapon in his home, which violated the judge's strict "no weapons" policy.

Apparently, Soulja Boy was not paying attention. Moving on to Feb. 2019, police raided the rapper's home after a woman claimed he held her hostage in his garage. During the raid, police discovered more ammunition and firearms.

Soulja Boy was supposed to perform at the Los Angeles Clippers game later tonight, but it's unclear if that performance is still going to happen as planned. He is expected to appear in court this Friday afternoon.

Continue Reading

Top Stories