dwight-howard-accused-sexual-harassment-trans-woman
Will Newton/Getty Images

Dwight Howard Accused Of Threatening Alleged Cisgender Ex-Boyfriend

A man by the name of Masin Elije took to Twitter Saturday (Nov. 24) to accuse the Washington Wizards player of sexually harassing him.

Update: 12:30 PM EST (November 25, 2018) - VIBE has learned that the accuser is not a transgender woman, but is, in fact, an alleged cisgender ex-boyfriend who identifies as a gay man.

---

A cisgender man—who many believed to be a transgender woman—has come forward to accuse Dwight Howard of sexual harassment and threatening his life. On Saturday (Nov. 24) Twitter user Masin Elije took to the social platform and went into detail about their alleged relationship and the events leading up to the present day accusation.

Elije said he met Howard on the set of Wild 'N Out. "We made eye contact and a week later he was in my DMs," and soon after the two began exchanging intimate photos.

Elije then posted a direct message between him and the Washington Wizard center in which he asks if his friends and family know of his dealing with transgender women and men, to which the 32-year-old allegedly side-stepped the question.

Problems later arose in their alleged relationship when Elije learned Howard was sleeping with other people. Initially, Elije assumed Howard was having sex with prostitutes, but later realized the one time NBA All-Star was attending transgender sex parties.

The relationship was over according to Elije, and after he confronted him he allegedly threatened him. Elije then says he began receiving private calls and one of Howard's employees, a man named Calvin, began hurling homophobic threats because he denied the alleged "hush money"  that was offered.

Elije alleges he's afraid for his life because of the threats he received from Howard's camp. He said he's contacted authorities, but tweeted if anything happens to him to please never stop fighting for his justice.

Howard hasn't responded to the allegations, but Twitter has been a mixed bag of reactions.

READ MORE: Janet Mock Responds To Lil Duval's Transphobic Comments

READ MORE: Discrimination, Violence & Death: The Reality For Transgender Women of Color

From the Web

More on Vibe

Getty Images

Sevyn Streeter And Justine Skye Cover "The Boy Is Mine"

Originally delivered by Monica and Brandy, "The Boy Is Mine" shook up the late '90s with a powerful duet between two women fighting for one man, now over 20 years since the electric debut, the single has received the millennial treatment.

Performing at the 2019 Trumpet Awards in Atlanta on Saturday (Jan. 19), Justine Syke and Sevyn Streeter recreated the work of Darkchild producer, Rodney Jerkins, who created the track 21-years-ago. Streeter dominated Brandy's portion of the single, while Skye released her inner Monica.

Jerkins, who is credited for working with the likes of Whitney Houston, Toni Braxton, Destiny's Child and more, was honored with the Music Excellence Award during Saturday’s ceremony. The award ceremony will air Feb. 11 on Bounce TV. T.I., MC Lyte, and Dapper Dan are among other powerful figures in music to be honored during this celebration.

Check out the clip of Sevyn Streeter and Justine Skye below.

Justine Skye And Sevyn covered the boy is mine live pic.twitter.com/3rFQopm61s

— Lethal Homo ❄️ (@LordeCali) January 21, 2019

Continue Reading
J. Cole performs during the From Dust To Gold preview party at the Apex Social Club at Palms Casino Resort on May 17, 2018 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Bryan Steffy/Getty Images for Palms Casino Resort

J. Cole Rests Instagram, Possibly Teases New Music

Fans have been watching J.Cole's every move since his infamous Dreamville-Revengers recording sessions in Atlanta last week. Now that the bars are laid down, the creative is talking his sh*t on social media. Well, almost.

It appears the "ATM" rapper wiped his barely-used Instagram account clean and posted a graphic with the words, "I'm counting my bullets." While Cole doesn't engage on the platform, he was seen in the form of in-studio photographs by his team and over 100 collaborators who were in attendance of the Dreamville-Revengers recording sessions.

But as quickly as it appeared on Monday (Jan. 20), it was also deleted from his account.

Cole confirmed the conclusion of the sessions last week that included elite peers like T.I., Ludacris and Akon in addition to the game's most promising acts like Childish Major, Dreezy, Smino and R&B/jazz maestro  Masego. Dreamville members like Ari Lennox, J.I.D., Bas and EarthGang were also in attendance.

 

View this post on Instagram

 

I went to #ROTD3 and all I got was these really cool ass photos ! 😂@preme.xyz #prememagazine #prememag

A post shared by Anthony Supreme (@anthony_supreme) on Jan 17, 2019 at 5:23pm PST

The Revengers sessions are done thank you to every artist and producer that came through. I love y’all, that shit was beautiful. Next step, finish the songs and let the 🌎 feel em.

— J. Cole (@JColeNC) January 17, 2019

J. Cole's manager and Dreamville Records president Ibrahim "Ib" Hamad teased new music from the rapper last week and promised that new music was coming sooner than later.

YOOOOOOO @KingOfQueenz y’all need to drop this shit already man #ROTD3 @JColeNC pic.twitter.com/AgOh1yfLyc

— Lionel🧸 (@Elite_Lionel) January 18, 2019

I got you when it’s finished 🙏🏿 I’m tryna put it together #Revenge https://t.co/NXrpUVv7Tq

— Ibrahim H. (@KingOfQueenz) January 18, 2019

This is sure to be another banner year for a Cole as his breakout mixtape The Warm Up, turns ten this year.

Seems like all we can do now is sit and wait.

Continue Reading
Scott Olson

Chicago Man Has Wrongful Murder Conviction Overturned After Serving 17 Years

A Chicago man who accused a retired cop of framing him for a murder he didn't commit has finally had the conviction overturned after spending 17 years in prison.

According to Buzzfeed News, Geraldo Iglesias was released from prison in 2010 for the 1993 murder of Monica Roman, who was shot and killed while sitting inside her car in Chicago's Humboldt Park neighborhood. However, Iglesias spent the last nine years fighting to have the conviction removed from his record because it prohibited his ability to get a job or find housing.

Iglesias is the 10th man to have a conviction overturned after being investigated by Reynaldo Guevara. Buzzfeed invested the former detective and found 50 men accused him of framing them for murders they allege they didn't commit.

At Iglesias' 1995 sentencing, he spoke directly to the victim's family and expressed his condolences while maintaining his innocence.

"I would like to say that I apologize and I’m sorry for what happened to the young lady and I send my condolences to the family but I would like to say I had nothing to do with it and the Lord knows I had nothing to do with it.”

Iglesias' conviction was sealed on the testimony of a jailhouse informant Francisco Vicente who alleged Islesias confessed to him about killing Roman. Vicente said Iglesias said, "I shot the bitch in the head.”

In the past Guevara and his partner, Ernest Halvorsen have used the 5th Amendment rights to avoid self-incrimination. Buzzfeed reports at least 17 defendants who allege Guevara framed them are still behind bars.

 

Continue Reading

Top Stories