Jeezy Hosts Thanksgiving Dinner For Family Of 16 Who Lost Home In Fire
'Tis the season for giving.
'Tis the season for giving, and to put those words into action, Jeezy decided to ease a family’s stress with his latest gesture. According to WSB-TV, the “Put On” rapper hosted a Thanksgiving dinner for a family of 16 who lost their home in a fire.
The Natt family expressed their gratitude for Jeezy’s decision as they look forward to rebuilding their home in Marietta, Georgia. On Nov. 19, their house burned down in the early morning. Reports state the blaze occurred after Victoria and Tevares Natt returned from the hospital with their newborn baby. The family believes the fire began near the back of the home, but an investigation into how the blaze occurred is still ongoing.
Through his gesture, Jeezy wanted to reiterate the fact that once you’re part of a community, it’s your duty to give support when needed. “Being a part of the community, we’re all we got,” he said. “So we’re consistently looking out for each other. That’s what Atlanta’s all about.” As they gather their bearings again, Jeezy offered to handle the Natt family’s hotel bill for the remainder of 2018 as they search for a new abode continues.
When the fire occurred, the Natt family immediately poured out of the house, but the newborn girl was still inside. Tevares Natt swiftly re-entered the home to get the infant before the fire consumed the home.
“I didn’t know where the fire was or how close it was, but he went in, he had to feel around,” Victoria Natt recalled. “She made some type of noise, and he got her out of there. In the nick of time, because when he came out, flames is all we'd seen. Front door melted.”
A GoFundMe has been set up to help the family with repair and other living costs.
— Rikki Klaus (@RikkiKlausWSB) November 19, 2018