wenndy-williams-show-hiatus-1545406669
Getty Images

'The Wendy Williams Show' Goes On Brief Hiatus Amidst Reports Of Host's Health Woes

Get well soon!

Wendy Williams should be celebrating the 10th anniversary of her show, The Wendy Williams Show. However, her physical well-being has been a hot-button topic amongst fans and followers.

On Thursday (Dec. 20), the 54-year-old took to Instagram to address the ongoing rumors of the health battles she's been facing. Williams said that she will get "much-needed rest" and will spend the next few weeks healing.

In a post to her Wendy Watchers, she wrote "I've never taken a pain medication in my life (except when I got snatched over 20 years ago) until this week. I did that to power through and try to deliver a great show for you, against the better judgment of the many people around me who genuinely care for my well-being. I really do ride or die for my craft and give 200%. Not to mention everyone is aware at this point about my thyroid condition (don’t cry for me Argentina)."

"For all my fellow thyroid sufferers, you know what the deal is," she continued. "...Needless to say... I have no regrets and I appreciate everyone’s genuine concern for my wellness and care.
I promise you a better Wendy in 2019."

Earlier during the week, she confessed to her audience that she injured her shoulder, and she stayed in her seat for the majority of another episode. This isn't the first time that Williams has been suffering from health issues that would plague her show. In October 2017, the former radio provocateur collapsed during her Halloween-themed episode. In spring 2018, Williams took a three-week break per doctors orders, and actor Jerry O'Connell filled in.

We're hoping you get well soon. Revisit the most-watched video from The Wendy Williams Show below.

READ MORERobin Givens Recalls Mike Tyson Abuse In The Wake Of #MeToo

 

View this post on Instagram

 

To My Wendy Watchers, I sincerely apologize if you feel that today's show was less than stellar. I’m on your TV screens every day wanting to spread laughter, entertainment and cheer. As I reported earlier in the week, I have a hairline fracture on my upper arm, which hurts like hell. I’ve never broken a bone or experienced a fracture in my life. In the key place where the fracture is, and trying to scurry around and do too much, I am now paying the price. I've never taken a pain medication in my life (except when I got snatched over 20 years ago) until this week. I did that to power through and try to deliver a great show for you, against the better judgement of the many people around me who genuinely care for my well-being. I really do ride or die for my craft and give 200%. Not to mention everyone is aware at this point about my thyroid condition (don’t cry for me Argentina). For all my fellow thyroid sufferers, you know what the deal is. And for those that don’t: I encourage you to please read up. Needless to say, whatever today's performance was with the legendary The Lox, who said such nice things, I have no regrets and I appreciate everyone’s genuine concern for my wellness and care. I promise you a better Wendy in 2019. I will get some much needed rest and healing over these next couple of weeks. (Yes I am definitely juicing over the next couple of weeks). Sorry again. I love you all. Happy Holidays!

A post shared by Wendy Williams (@wendyshow) on

 

From the Web

More on Vibe

Dominik Bindi

Video Surfaces Of Osundairo Brothers Buying Supplies For Jussie Smollett Attack

A new video of the Osundairo brothers, the two who alleged Jussie Smollett hired them to stage an attack in Chicago earlier this year, has surfaced online. The video shows Ola and Abel Osundairo purchasing supplies that were allegedly used in the attack.

The video, which was obtained by CBS, shows the two brothers stepping up to the cashier's counter to buy ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses, and red hats that resembled MAGA hats. At one point in the video, Abel pulls his hood over his head, perhaps in an attempt to avoid showing his face on surveillance cameras.

EXCLUSIVE:

I tracked down surveillance of the Osundairo's buying supplies before "attack"

Sources say Jussie Smollet told brothers what to buy.

Countless phone calls placed for this.

Visited more stores than I wish to admit. @cbschicago https://t.co/GT6h2g6Y9a pic.twitter.com/ULr3UTDe9Q

— Charlie De Mar (@CharlieDeMar) February 20, 2019

CBS2 reports that the brothers bought the suspected supplies the day before the "attack" on Jussie. While previous videos obtained by the Chicago PD suggest the attackers were wearing ski masks at the time, the new footage does not confirm that Smollett orchestrated the attack.

The Empire actor has reportedly agreed to sit down with the police for another interview. Check out the new video below.

Continue Reading
Getty Images

Daniel Kaluuya And Lakeith Stanfield To Star In Fred Hampton Movie

Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield are reportedly being considered for roles in the upcoming film, Jesus Was My Homeboy, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The movie, which will be produced by Ryan Coogler and distributed by Warner Bros., will depict the assassination of Black Panther activist Fred Hampton.

If the ink dries on the deal, Kaluuya will play Hampton. Stanfield will play William O’Neal, the FBI informant who went undercover and infiltrated the Black Panthers in order to obtain information that assisted in Hampton's assassination. Jesus Was My Homeboy will look at the rise and death of Hampton through the perspective of FBI informant O'Neal.

As previously noted, Fred Hampton was an activist and organizer of the Black Panther Party who quickly climbed the ranks to become its chairman of the Illinois chapter and deputy chairman. He was murdered in 1969 at the age of 21, by a tactical unit with orders from the FBI and Chicago Police Department.

Shaka King will reportedly direct the film and and produce from a script he wrote with Will Berson. Jesus Was My Homeboy does not have a release date at this time.

Continue Reading
Mike Powell /Allsport

HBO Releases 'Leaving Neverland' Trailer And March Premiere Date

Since the reveal of a contentious documentary on Michael Jackson was announced, the conversation surrounding HBO's upcoming project has continued to increase. Now, the powerhouse cable network unveiled the Leaving Neverland trailer which depicts the recollections of two men who were reportedly sexually abused when they were boys by Jackson.

Within the trailer, James Safechuck and Wade Robson discuss certain moments that they held as secrets for decades. "He told me if they ever found out what we were doing, he and I would go to jail for the rest of our lives," Wade says in the visual. The Dan Reed-directed film also features interviews with the two men's families and significant others.

In response to the doc's Sundance premiere, Jackson's family issued a statement calling out the reel's developers. "The creators of this film were not interested in the truth," the family's statement reads. "They never interviewed a single solitary soul who knew Michael except the two perjurers and their families. That is not journalism, and it's not fair, yet the media are perpetuating these stories."

Watch the trailer below ahead of its two-night premiere on March 3-4.

Continue Reading

Top Stories