You may remember 23-year-old Pennybirdrabbit from laying down vocals on Skrillex’s smash hit “All I Ask of You.” The San Diego artist found her way to LA and has recently been collaborating with prominent electronic producers including Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, The M Machine, MiMOSA and more as she crafts her first original release, and EP titled ‘For Love,’ which is out today on Owsla/Big Beat.
We asked Penny to share five things about herself to get us familiar with this star-on-the-rise. Here’s what she spilled.
1. “I collect refrigerator magnets.”
2. “I’m in love with chef Gordon Ramsay.”
3. “There’s this beautiful black and white picture of me as a baby being held by a clown. My whole life I thought the clown was my mom. I would have said it was one of my favorite pictures of the two of us. A few months ago I found out it was not my mom.”
4. “I worked at Guitar Center once for about 2 and a half months and got in trouble from corporate for tweeting about how it was the most fun job, but the worst paying job. “
5. “My very first solo ever was in the 2nd grade when I sang ‘Jolly Old St. Nicolas’ at my school’s Christmas program. It was a big deal.”
Cop ‘For Love’ EP here.
2. Look For Love
4. Cheap Goodbyes