The Colombian diva, who just gave birth to her second son with husband Gerard Piqué in January, snapped back into her lean body by adopting a diet and fitness routine catered for her by celebrity trainer, Anna Kaiser.
“These workouts are done in one hour and it’s always changing,” said Kaiser. “I wanted to create a workout that changes and you never get bored. You change courses every two weeks, [doing] power hip hop, ballet, etc. You get results in fun and efficient ways.”
The artist and businesswoman juggles all that life throws at her with proper nutrition. “We do small meals all throughout the day. She’s so busy she has to keep her energy up,” the trainer added. “[She eats] all throughout the day—really healthy clean food so her body can absorbs the nutrition as much as possible.”
Such foods include lean meats, lush greens, bright veggies and a little dark chocolate for a sweet finish.
Kaiser even shared workout dos and don’ts that are fairly easy to execute (thank God). Feel free to implement the following in your day-to-day regimen.
1. Do show up. Meaning, don’t let your hangover keep you from working out the next day. “Give yourself a time period,” Kaiser said. “Give yourself specific goals, like ‘I’m going to show up for four weeks and really commit even if it’s just for fifteen minutes.'”
2. Don’t drink too much alcohol. “Drinking is one of the ways we consume the most sugar,” Kaiser said.
3. Do make working out fun. “Even if it’s a long walk in a new city or a new machine or new class. You shouldn’t be talking yourself into it,” Kaiser said.
4. Do buy a new awesome outfit. “You will feel good—you should like what you see for you and not for the other people in the room,” she said.
5. Don’t make getting to your workout challenging with a long commute. “Do exercises at home or do something close to you,” Kaiser advised.
6. Don’t do a workout just to check the box and burn calories. “[Working out] should be something you do to reach your goal,” she said.
SEE ALSO: Shakira’s ‘Loca’ Plagiarism Accuser Might Have Lied
Photo credit: Getty Images