With reports of a non-existent alive-then-dead girlfriend and Te’o’s proclamation of “no involvement,” it’s hard to tell who’s lying and who’s telling the truth. After stripping away the media sensation and silencing the commentators, we realize that this scenario occurs way too often.
Ladies, it’s simple: you’re jumping the gun when you start claiming a man that clearly isn’t your’s. Before you introduce yourself to his parents, consult our list of signs that you aren’t in a relationship (and cra-zay).
1. You’ve only been out once…and you slept together.
2. You’ve known each other less than a week.
3. He’s on Facebook everyday but ignores your messages.
4. He forbids going out with you in public.
5. Your text: “Hey babe.” His reply: “I’m sorry. Who’s this?”
6. Every “date” involves alcohol.
7. He keeps canceling plans with you.
8. You ask him what he wants for his birthday. His reply is: “I just want to be alone.”
9. His New Year’s resolution is to stop using women for sex.
10. You’re only allowed over his place between the hours of 1 a.m. and 4 a.m.
11. You don’t know his last name.
12. You go in for a kiss and he daps you instead.
13. When you call, he replys with a text.
14. He runs away when seeing you in daylight.