2014 could be your year for fulfillment, happiness and prosperity. As we begin prepping for a new year and a second chance, here are a few more resolutions every woman should be adding to the list.
1. Start feeling comfortable with less makeup. Embrace your natural state more than you did last year.
2. Stop feeling guilty every time you eat something bad or hazardous to your diet. Be disciplined but know that it’s okay to live a little!
3. You know that little booklet that allows you to travel internationally? Yea, get one.
4. Limit down on reality shows. Have you read as much as you should have in 2013?
5. Stop feeling pressured into attending every party and social event. Feel comfortable with staying in or saying “no” more.
6. Write down your career goals and personal experiences. Keep a journal or blog of it.
7. Start giving the nice guys a chance. Revisit your “list” and make some alterations to your requirements of the perfect guy. Perhaps it’s time to open your eyes and expand your horizons to the ones who typically wouldn’t fit your type. You just never know, so stop limiting yourself.
8. Pay it forward by giving back, volunteering or assisting someone in need. Volunteer at a local hospital, join an organization. Do something that genuinely gets you in the habit of helping others.
9. In fact, stop living your life on Instagram. Cut out the whole “look what I’m doing” mentality.
10. Throw your phone in your bag or put it away when you’re out living life. Engage in the world around you. Meet new people, strike up meaningful conversations and refrain from checking in on your social media accounts.
11. Do more activities solo dolo. Create a “me” day once a week for you to treat yourself to the movies, a play, spa, cooking class or dinner for one! Enjoy quality time with you.
12. Develop a stress relieving method. Whether you adopt meditation, or attend yoga classes—make it a goal to master the art of clearing your mind from the day to day noise.
13. Make one extremely courageous decision per week. Try something as big as sky diving, and as small as talking to your boss about a promotion.
14. Avoid men who one word text you back.
15. Start forgiving and cleaning your heart from any bad breakups or resentment that you’ve held onto in the past.
16. Do more things you normally talk yourself out of doing.
17. Retire the “fake” drunk texting your ex after a wild night move. Either let it go, or work it out with him.
18. If you’re miserable at a job, leave it. Simple as that. Money will come, and closing one door will open others. Trust yourself, have faith and do what makes you happy.
19. Reach out to an old friend or a relative and check in on them. Don’t use twitter or Facebook, but opt for a pleasant phone call, a friendly text or a meetup. Let people know on a daily basis that you care and you’re thinking about them despite all that is going on in your own world.
20. If you’re attracted to a guy, introduce yourself. Be bold!
21. Cook more! Buy a recipe book and experiment with one new meal per week.
22. Be comfortable and confident in yourself and decisions. Stop looking for validation and second opinions.