Her name has been buzzing in elite circles, and among those higher-ups is Jay-Z, Young Guru, Missy Elliott and Kanye West, just to list a few. Harlem, NY native Azealia Banks recently presented her eclectic rap style and kooky fashion sense to the forefront with “212” and has been on the tips of blogger fingers ever since. If you’re just getting familiar with the 20-year-old rapper-slash-singer, we’ve generated a few facts that should help speed up the process.
- Azealia was previously signed to XL records, and now find Universal Music has her home.
- She spreads lesbian love from time to time. (See here!)
- Performed new track “Bambi” at MUGLER Fashion Show for Paris Fashion Week.
- According to Twitter, she’s cool with the A$AP mob, the rap collective of Harlem kids.
- Azealia clearly has love for Aaliyah, sampling the artists’ track for “NEEDSUMLUV.”
- She attended LaGuardia High School of Performing Arts, the same school as Nicki Minaj.
- She’s teaming up with fashion director Nicola Formichetti for upcoming video, “Liquorice.”
- Her first moniker was “Miss Bank$.”
- Allegedly, she mentioned some not-so-nice things about Kreyshawn, Nicki Minaj and Iggy Azalea, but since has refuted her quotes being said with ill-intent.