For Chilean fashion designer Maria Cornejo, the upcoming Fall season is all about flying high and taking chances. That’s why it was easy for Felix Baumgartner, the Australian daredevil who made a free-falling leap 24 miles above earth, to inspire the collection. However, backstage we discovered simplistic looks that were in touch with the clothing line. – Carla Thomas
Makeup artist Romy Soleimani started with Joanna Vargas’ skin care line to prep the models’ skin and then used Kevyn Aucoin’s products to create the look. To complement Zero+Maria Cornejo’s line, Soleimani used Kevyn Aucoin’s eyeshadow in 206 to line the eyes halfway on the top lid to a blunt finish. Unlike other ‘winged’ eyes, the line does not come to a point; it is geometric and modern. Soleimani created a fresh, clean face and a natural flush on the apples of the cheeks using a mixture of The Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Glow in Patrice and Mystere to recreate a natural winter, flushed look. The lips remained nude and the eyes were finished with an eye gloss.
Martin Cullen with PHYTO was told not to complicate the hair but make it strong in style. As a result, Cullen gave the models’ a low side ponytail and a huge zigzag part. He also added sliver metal accessories in the hair making the look perfectly in sync with the collection.
Get The Look:
1. Spray PHYTO Phytovolume Actif on damp hair to create texture and control before blow-drying it straight using the T3 Blow Dryer Featherweight Luxe 2i (the spray is heat activated).
2. Create a deep zigzag part, starting from the top of the ear to the opposite eyebrow.
3. Gather hair to the right side and secure lengths into a low ponytail below right ear with elastic.
4. After running a T3 SinglePass, Straightening & Styling Iron through the ponytail, apply Phyto Professional Glossing Cream throughout head and through the lengths of the ponytail to calm fly aways.
5. Finish with the Phyto Phytolisse Finishing Serum to create a glossy, reflective shine.
6. Complete the look by clipping a sterling silver (handmade) rectangular plate above the ponytail, along with circular headpieces.
After seeing the Fall collection, Deborah Lippmann chose her Pretty Vacant gray shade for the models’ nails. To get the look, use Lippmann’s Gel Lab Coat of Arms Base Coat —which functions like a salon gel manicure but doesn’t require UV lamps—before applying the textured nail polish. The Pretty Vacant shade hits stores in July and The Gel Lab Coat of Arms Base Coat is available now.
Photo Credits: Erin Balano