When most people think of pole dancing, they tend to think of platforms, pasties, and precipitation. While sex appeal is still a prime factor, there are three main forms of the art form—the sport, the art, and the job. Pole dancing is ultimately a wild workout that consists of resistance training, cardio, and flexibility training. If you decide to take a shot at the sexy sport, here’s a quick checklist of some essentials and girly gear you might want to cop.
Portable Pole $120
Pole Dancing Mighty Grip Gloves in Metallic Silver $11.25
- Prevents injuries caused by sweaty bare hands slipping off the pole.
- Adds layer of protection between your hands and the dance pole to protect your skin from calluses.
- Helps grip the pole allowing you to do more advanced dance moves without slipping.
- Great for beginners who are trying to build their strength.
Mighty Grip Pole Dancing Powder $10
- Prevents Slipping and Calluses
- Apply to palms before putting on gloves to avoid them slipping off
Safety Crash Mat Protection Cushion Pad in Pink $130
SBC Arnica Bath Soak $25
- Great for aiding recovery
- Prevents Injuries
Nike Pro Indy Women’s Sports Bra $45
- Protect your assets from unwanted wardrobe malfunctions
- Purchase one with enough support
- Allows preferred amount of coverage
Wrist Protectors $6
- Prevents pole burn when practicing spins