There’s no denying that Beyoncé and Rita Ora were winners on the red carpet at the Grammys. Aside from their gorgeous dresses, these ladies had flawless makeup and hair. Jenny Balding, New York-based Cutler/Redken styling and grooming expert, shared her favorite Grammy styles and steps so you can recreate these hair looks at home.
“I love her ultra sexy chin length bob – this looks amazing because of the colors throughout…dark roots into dark blonde into bright blonde ends, ” says Jenny Balding.
If your hair very curly…
- Create a middle part when wet.
- Apply a curl enhancing cream throughout from roots to ends (Redken Curvaceous Full Swirl is perfect for this).
- Air dry or lightly dry using a diffuser on low speed and low heat from underneath so as not to create volume at the roots.
- Shake out with fingers.
- Use a medium sized curling iron to recreate this look.
- Prep hair by misting a light hairspray all over to create texture to the hair (Redken fashion work 12 versatile working spray is light and the perfect spray).
- Create a middle part and use the curling iron vertically and wind small sections all over making sure to keep the top are on the flatter side.
“This gorgeous, vintage Hollywood inspired hair is very stylish and modern because of the color. Having some regrowth and then really blonde throughout is what makes this look,” says Jenny Balding.
- Create a low side part on one side.
- Blow dry smooth with a large round brush for the perfect foundation.
- Use a medium sized curling iron use vertically from mid length to the ends.
- Keeping the part and the crown area smooth and no volume.
Photo Credits: Getty Images