It’s no doubt Kerry Washington knows how to bring it. From captivating our hearts on screen to wowing us at award shows, Washington is a show-stopper. And as her attractive charm and flawless beauty gets better with age, she is easily becoming one of the most beautiful African American women.
We touched base with celebrity hairstylist Marcus Francis—who styled her natural hair for the NAACP Image awards—to bring you the exact products and steps to get her flawless look. “Having her hair half up with the clean texture created by the Carol’s Daughter products helped achieve that look while making it modern,” said Francis.
To get the look, flip the page to learn 5 simple steps.
- Blow dry the hair with a round brush, adding a few drops of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Oil Sacred Strengthening Serum to the ends.
- Flat iron the hair from root to end to seal in shine. Next, add in a small pump of Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer after flat ironing to lock in added moisture.
- Section out the top middle section, creating a clean part on either side of the head, then lightly tease a few sections at the front for height, and brush using a Mason Pearson hair brush. Then blend the teased hair into the back of the head, keeping the sides clean and secure with two bobby pins underneath the hair on either side.
- With a 1 1/4″ size curling iron, curl the ends of medium-sized sections and hold for three seconds for added movement, brushing out to soften and break up any tendency the hair had to curl.
- Next, smooth the hairline with a spritz of Carol’s Daughter Macadamia Heat Styling Hairspray on a toothbrush-like finishing tool. Finally, spray the entire head and finish with a final half pump of Monoi Repairing Split End Sealer on the curled ends.
Photo Credit: Getty Images