Opulent, indulgent, rich, velvety and…kissable. Those are the adjectives used to describe the perfect, matte red pout. Red lipstick has always been a classic. “Matte” red lipstick is a timeless must have. From electric cherry to a full bodied vino – Red, velvet textured lips go perfect with the holiday season and are appropriate for the office or a cocktail party. You can wear refinement and sophistication on your lips by choosing the perfect shade.
To get the perfect, Matte red pout there are a few things you must do!
2. Condition the lips immediately after, using Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Plump Perfect Lip Moisture Cream SPF 30 for protection from dryness. Blot any excess product with a tissue.
3. Apply Too Faced Lip Insurance Smoothing Anti-Feathering Lip Primer on the edges of your lip line so that the color stays in place.
4. For girls with two-toned lips, you will also blend a droplet of concealer on your lips first and finish with a translucent powder.
5. Using a lip brush apply M.A.C Ruby Woo (my go-to universal matte red – every woman should wear it) to the center of the pout and blend toward the outer perimeter of the mouth.
6. Use M.A.C Cherry Lip Pencil to make your red smooch look really crisp by filling in the lip line. Blend the pencil in with the lip color for a seamless look using your lip brush and voila!
You’re now officially red velvet ready!