Running into an ex is possibly one of the most awkward situations. Whether your were the dumper or the dumpee, seeing your ex in public can create a potentially nerve-wrecking situation.
Prime example, former twosome Rihanna and Chris Brown were spotted in New York nightclub over the weekend. The two didn’t speak, but Chris made a nice gesture by sending Rihanna two bottles of Ace of Spades. Clearly, the two are so over the past that they’re able to maintain a working relationship (“Birthday Cake” and “Turn Up The Music”) and can handle bumping into one another every now and again.
Do see yourself having a friendship or even a cordial relationship with your ex-boyfriend? Check out these do’s and don’ts to help running into your ex go as smoothly as possible.–Ashley Jeter
1. Be nice. Kindness is the best way to show your ex that you’re over the situation.
2. Keep it brief. A concise conversation between ex’s will show that there aren’t any harsh feelings towards each other.
3. Remember why the relationship didn’t work. Keeping this in mind will make seeing him easier.
1. Don’t create a scene (like this!). This will only reassure breaking up was the best option.
2. Do not have a long conversation. There is no reason for catching up with an old flame unless there are chances of reuniting.
3. Do not bring up the past. Mentioning the cause of the break-up will only dampen the mood and create old feelings.