Ladies, we are only a few weeks away from summer’s official start. The occasional warm days of spring are helping us warm up to the changes that summer brings to our wardrobes. The months of June, July and August are conceived of vacation plans, outdoor journeys, cook outs and the occasional wedding.
Here are a few do’s and don’ts to help all of us look our best all season long…
1. DO experiment with shorter lengths. Cut down the amount of fabric you are wearing to stay cool and comfortable. There are literally hundreds of different styles of shorts, skirts and dresses. If you are afraid of exposing your thighs to the world, then try a cropped legging.
2. DO try prints. Prints are everywhere. There are so many prints out there from oversize florals to bright tribal patterns to fun geometric shapes. You can get bold with a floral top, pant or a dress. You can get tribal with dress or handbag to add some texture and pattern to your closet.
3. DO buy a trendy swimsuit. The one-piece is a modest option, but it comes in various cuts and prints. Pick a swimsuit that makes you feel sexy and confident.
4. DO update your denim. Our beloved denim is getting a makeover for spring. This season, grab yourself a pair in blue, red, purple or any other color you like. You can easily style your colored denim with a printed top or a blazer.
5. DO dress for your body type. This is the most important “Do” for any season. Trends are fun and refreshing, but dressing in what looks best on you never goes out of style. Don’t wear hot pants if it doesn’t make you truly look and feel your best.
1.DON’T let it all hang out. Yes, “if you’ve got it, flaunt it,” but there is something much classier when a woman leaves a little something to the imagination. I know that it will be hot, but your cleavage doesn’t have to be out all the time and booty doesn’t have to show all the time either.
2. DON’T carry an over-sized bag. While we all love a purse that can carry our makeup bag, a spare outfit and shoes to match, they just make your body feel hotter than the sun. Simplify and try a smaller bag with a convertible strap that can go from a handbag to a shoulder bag instantly.
3.DON’T over do the trend thing. Wearing everything single trend at the same time doesn’t give you a chance to showcase your personal style. You want to try trends that match your signature style.
4. DON’T wear off-season shoes. Year after year, you may notice a few people wearing boots on a hot spring day. Does this really make sense when you have been stuck in boots for the whole winter season? One important thing you do when spring comes is to allow your feet to breathe in cute sandals, peep toe shoes, and lightweight sneakers. No one wants sweaty feet when it’s beautiful outside.
5. DON’T get stuck in a rut. Once we find something that suits us, it can be hard to break away from that. Remember to always try something new and experiment with fashion. You’ll never broaden your horizons if you don’t try new things.