In Birdman’s oasis, better known as Miami, Power 105.1’s Angie Martinez spent 48 hours with the master of handrubs to discuss the state of Cash Money, his feelings for Lil’ Wayne and if there’s any truth to the indictment.
No time to sit through the whole Q&A? Flip through some of the strangest Birdman quotes (in no particular order) from Angie Mar’s sit-down down below:
READ: Birdman Breaks His Silence On Lil Wayne Beef
1. “That was shocking to everybody. I never thought he would say anything negative about me ever, in no lifetime. I never thought that could ever happen. For that man to open his mouth and say something negative about me — that was a lot, that sh*t f**ked my day up. I love my son, he mean the world to me. For that man to say something negative about me, that affected my life.
2. “My studio and his studio is right next door. So I see him every day. I don’t say nothing. Sometimes I go over there and listen to his music. I do go see him. I see him every night at the studio.”
3. “In due time we gon’ do that, but this ain’t the place or the time to do that. My son respect me enough [that] if I call him and tell him I’m about to pull up, he gon’ open that gate, I’m goin in that house, we gon talk.”
4. “No it ain’t weird. He respect [me] as a father, I respect him as my son.”
5. “When I talk to him, it be what it be. I really can’t answer that. Time will tell it all. No matter what my son do, he still gon be my son. And I’ma support him as my son. Whatever he do, I’m prepared to do that.”
6. “I don’t really know what the business relationship gon’ be with me and Wayne. We built this. That’s my partner—we built this. I would prefer him to be with me.”
7. “He put his album out, he put ’em out. He turned it in and they didn’t put it out. That wasn’t nothing on me.”
8. “Wayne my son, Thug my lil’ nephew. Ain’t nothing poppin with that. They gon’ do music together, that’s guaranteed.”
9. “It’s not considered bad to me. I think media makes it worse than it really is.”