Last week, VIBE got a chance to preview—and get a really good close shave from “Master Barber” Justin Virgil!—the latest product line for men by renowned grooming & skincare company Kiehl’s.
Availabe as of this month, the new line of products includes the Facial Fuel Sky Flyin’ Foaming Multi-Gel, Facial Fuel “No-Shine” Hydrator, and Facial Fuel UV Guard SPF 50+.
Now fellas, before you continue on, here’s a few facts you may want to know about male skin patterns:
- Men tend to have larger pores, which can easily get clogged, encouraging blemishes
- Men tend to have thicker, more dense, oiler skin due to the fact that their skin produces more sebum (oil)
- Men tend to sweat more – leading to over-cleansing and drying skin out or stripping the skin
- A 2011 Gallup study showed that 38% of men spend 10 minutes or less grooming versus the 22% in 2005.
- Men over 50 are more than TWICE as likely as women to develop skin cancer
- Men are spending more hours in the sun (36 a week – 10 more than women – according to the National Sun protection Advisory Council) than women and are less likely to use sunscreen