According to public records obtained by The Detroit News, the 38-year-old rapper owes the IRS and the State of New York for unpaid taxes dating back to 2002.
Here’s the rundown, according to the site:
- The IRS filed a $442,869 lien against DMX and his wife on Jan. 2 in the New York City Register’s office.
- The IRS filed a $663,554 lien against DMX on Sept. 10, 2007, in the Maricopa County (Ariz.) Recorder’s office. According to the lien, he owes income taxes from 2002, 2003 and 2005.
- The state of New York filed an $8,343 tax warrant against the couple on Feb. 15, 2007, in the New York County Clerk’s office.
- The New York State Tax Commission filed a $44,357 tax warrant against the couple on March 6, 2006, in New York.
- The IRS filed a $370,460 lien against the couple on Sept. 20, 2005, in New York.