Dr. Dre just revealed some major news that’s good and bad.
During “The Pharmacy” radio show on Beats 1 Saturday evening (Aug. 1), the Cali native said his long-awaited album, Detox, is no more. “I didn’t like it,” Dre admitted, stating that he didn’t want to disappoint the fans with subpar music. “I don’t think I did a good enough job,” he added.
The good news though is the confirmation of a new project inspired by the F. Gary Gray-directed movie Straight Outta Compton. The famed rapper/producer said after seeing the film’s process he was moved to put together Compton: A Soundtrack By Dr. Dre, which features Kendrick Lamar, Eminem, BJ the Chicago Kid, Snoop Dogg, Ice Cube, Marsha Ambrosius and more.
The record arrives Aug. 7 ahead of the reel’s theatrical debut a week later. Check out the tracklist below and pre-order the record on iTunes.
1) “Intro” (Dr. Dre)
2) “Talk About It” Feat. King Mez & Justus
3) “Genocide” Feat. Kendrick Lamar, Marsha Ambrosius & Candice Pillay
4) “It’s All On Me” Feat. Justus & BJ the Chicago Kid
5) “All In a Day’s Work” Feat. Anderson Paak & Marsha Ambrosius
6) “Darkside/Gone” Feat. King Mez, Marsha Ambrosius & Kendrick Lamar
7) “Loose Cannons” Feat. Xzibit & COLD 187um
8) “Issues” Feat. Ice Cube & Anderson Paak
9) “Deep Water” Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Justus
10) “One Shot One Kill” Feat. Snoop Dogg
11) “Just Another Day” Feat. Asia Bryant
12) “For the Love of Money” Feat. Jill Scott & Jon Connor
13) “Satisfiction” Feat. Snoop Dogg, Marsha Ambrosius & King Mez
14) “Animals” Feat. Anderson Paak
15) “Medicine Man” Feat. Eminem, Candice Pillay & Anderson Paak
16) “Talking To My Diary” (Dr. Dre)