R. Kelly is still appearing to be unfazed by decades of sexual assault allegations detailed in Lifetime’s Surviving R. Kelly documentary.
Despite being dropped from his record label and banned from the city of Philadelphia as well as some radio stations, the struggling R&B singer announced that he’s traveling overseas for at least three live shows.
Kelly will be heading out on an international tour making stops in Australia, New Zealand and Sri Lanka, he announced via social media Tuesday (Feb. 5). It’s unclear when the jaunt will kick off. For now, the announcement simply reads “coming soon.”
In addition to recording and performing, Kelly’s lawyer said the he plans to sue Lifetime for airing the six-part docu-series.
The Chicago native, who has denied countless sexual assault allegations, is reportedly done recording a new album that he wants the public to hear, but he’s in need of a new distributor after his label cut ties with him last month. The search is proving to be hard for Kellz according to a source who told Billboard, “It’s possible the release won’t hit the market as soon as hoped.”
🚨 NEW TOUR ALERT 🚨 Australia | New Zealand | Sri Lanka see y’all soon! 👑 pic.twitter.com/m4PGFeIG4v
— R. Kelly (@rkelly) February 5, 2019