The Kanye West skirt flap continues into 2013, thanks to Lord Jamar. When the fashion-conscious West rocked a skirt at the 12-12-12 benefit concert, it raised a lot of response – both positive and negative. And now rapper Lord Jamar has weighed in, and it seems like he feels it was a Fashion Don’t.
Gawker transcribed Lord Jamar’s newest track, “Lift Up Your Skirt,” and it’s clear the former Oz actor ain’t down with Yeezy.
- “Pioneer of this queer shit is Kanye West
- He introduced the skinny jeans to the rap scene
- Then he wore a fucking skirt on the video screen
- Then he wore it again at a memorial
- I can’t pretend that this shit ain’t deplorable
- I bet this nigga thinkin’ he looking adorable
- Your music’s good but your ego is horrible”
Jamar doesn’t exactly mince words when it comes to Kanye West’s skirt, but with hip-hop’s recent trend towards acceptance and LBGT tolerance, he may not gain many new fans. Like (gay) The Wire character Omar says, “If you come at the king, you best not miss,” and this track is a definite miss.