Everyone can take a note out of Solange Knowles’ book, who after stirring up the internet with her striking all-white bridal picture has proven to be the queen of breaking the internet in silence. Today, she caused another tremor with the announcement of her soon-to-be-released album, A Seat At The Table.
— solange knowles (@solangeknowles) September 27, 2016
The True EP-followup, out this Friday, Sept. 30, comes with an accompanying digital booklet which includes words, passages and pictures that give us a glimpse of what to expect on the project. Another thing that’s very telling is the tracklist. With songs like “I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It,” “Don’t Touch My Hair” and “F.U.B.U.,” the album skews on the “black and proud” side, a welcome energy during the United States’ racially divided and politically charged times.
In addition, the project features a diverse crop of collaborators, including Tweet, Lil Wayne, BJ the Chicago Kid, Moses Sumney, Sampha, Kelly Rowland, Dev Hynes and more.
Check out the full tracklist below and get A Seat At The Table digitally this Friday.
2. Weary ft. Tweet
3. The Glory is in You (Interlude)
4. Cranes in the Sky
5. Dad Was Mad (Interlude)
6. Mad ft. Lil Wayne, Moses Sumney & Tweet
7. Don’t You Wait
8. Tina Taught Me (Interlude)
9. Don’t Touch My Hair ft. Sampha
10. This Moment ft. Devonte Hynes & Lu
11. Where Do We Go ft. Sean Nicholas Savage
12. For Us By Us (Interlude)
13. F.U.B.U. ft. The-Dream, BJ the Chicago Kid & Tweet
14. Borderline (An Ode to Self-Care) ft. Q-Tip
15. I Got So Much Magic, You Can Have It (Interlude) ft. Kelly Rowland & Nia Andrews
17. No Limits (Interlude)
18. Don’t Wish Me Well
19. Pedestals (Interlude)
20. Scales ft. Kelela
21. Closing: The Chosen Ones
Solange’s A Seat At The Table is now available for streaming on Spotify and for purchase on iTunes.