Suge Knight has officially been charged with murder and attempted murder following a fatal hit-and-run in Compton, Calif., last week.
The charges came just a few hours after Knight’s $2.2 million bail was revoked, which was due to Knight being a possible flight risk, three-strike candidate, possible witness intimidation issues and his criminal past, Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman Nicole Nishida said.
The 49 year old former Death Row Records CEO allegedly ran over two men, Terry Carter and Cle “Bone” Sloan with his truck, resulting in Carter’s death.
According to the L.A.Times, the altercation began last Thursday on the set of NWA’s Biopic “Straight Outa Compton.” Knight’s attorney, James Blatt said Knight was being attacked and while trying to get away accidentally ran over the victims, who were allegedly friends of Knight.
Prosecutors say Knight’s actions were intentional. If convicted, Knight may face life in prison.