Looks like the Hot Boys reunion concert scheduled for tonight will be less of a Hot Boys reunion concert. Juvenile, Mannie Fresh, Turk were set to reunite in Mississippi on Dec. 14. Turk has since been taken off the bill and the NOLA rapper has written a letter that’s “not a diss and it is not a beef …just real talk” to fans explaining the situation.
“I got a phone call from my booking agent about a week ago and he told me that they didn’t want me on the show,” wroteTurk, “that either Juve or Mannie’s management called the promoter and told them either it’s going to be them, which is Juve and Mannie Fresh, not showing up to the show or they would have to take me off and they’re not getting their money back because they won’t show up.” Adds Turk, “If I was a promoter, I would have did what he did too.”
Things seemed all fine and dandy back in October, when Turk appeared alongside Mannie Fresh and Juve in the music video for 2 Chainz’s “Used 2.” Juve and Turk also hit the stage earlier this year for some shows. However, the former Cash Money rapper believes the animosity arose after he posted a video online calling out his pals for not paying their respects after his father was tragically killed in a hit-and-run accident.
“I just want people to know that no matter what happened in my personal life, like me losing my daddy, I was going to the show,” Turk wrote. “But the promoter contacted my booking agent and they took my picture off the flyer. They had been promoting the show for about a month. I have the first picture and now the new one. The first one had Hot Boys, Turk, Juvenile and Mannie Fresh on it. Then once all this stuff turned up, they got the one with just Mannie Fresh and Juve.”
Turk went on to explain there is no beef. “I got love for everybody,” he wrote.
Read Turk’s full statement at SOHH.com.