Apple placed its bid in the streaming market today (June 8) at its Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC). Finally unveiling the company’s much-talked-about Apple Music, the tech giant is now going head-to-head with Rdio, Spotify and TIDAL. Featuring a few notable names – including Drake, who presented the service’s new artist-driven portal, “Connect” – Apple has enlisted help to throw its hat into the ring. Calling on Zane Lowe, Ebro Darden and Julie Adenuga for its Beats 1 DJ service, Apple Music is set to launch on June 30.
Wondering how Apple Music can edge out the reigning music streaming service champ, Spotify? Here are seven features that may give them the uppe rhand below:
SEE ALSO: Lil Wayne Is Officially Part Of The TIDAL Squad
1. Price: $9.99 a month, $14.99/month for a family plan for up to six individuals, includes a three-month free trial.
2. Features: 24/7 global radio, offline listening
3. Integrated with iOS systems
4. Will hit Android and Windows in Fall 2015
5. Live DJ service called Beats 1, anchored by Zane Lowe (London), Ebro Darden (New York) and Julie Adenuga (Los Angeles)
6. Connect portal pulls all social media from artists into one place
7. Commercial-free music video streaming