Are you looking for a writing opportunity at one of the most influential digital publications in entertainment? Do you have an interest in fashion, music (hip-hop, R&B, pop), television/film, and news?
VIBE is seeking creative individuals with a serious interest in news writing and a strong knowledge of music/entertainment to join the NYC team and contribute to VIBE Vixen (our women’s channel) and VIBE Viva (our Latinx channel).
- Assist editors with digitizing of archival materials, interview transcriptions, music premieres, and other original content
- Contribute news briefs to VIBE and/or its other verticals: VIBE Vixen, and VIBE Viva
- Conduct assigned interviews with talent (artists, actors and other figures in the realm of fashion, film/television, music, and culture) and cover select events in NYC (occasional)
- Monitor the digital streets for newsworthy stories trending on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- Research select subjects or topics on an as-needed basis
- Schedule editorial content onto VIBE’s, VIBE Vixen’s, and VIBE Viva’s social media platforms (occasional)
A major in Journalism, English, Writing or a Media-related program is essential. Applicants must have a forward-thinking mentality, willingness to learn and a love for writing. Knowledge in Word, Content Management Systems, and social media is preferred.
Aside from being a lover of pop culture and the Internet, applicants must also be detail-oriented, know how to spot trending topics, and be knowledgeable about celebrities and figures in the urban, hip-hop culture and entertainment space.
Send a résumé, 2 – 4 writing clips, published article links and/or college papers showcasing your writing capabilities, and a short introductory blurb to email@example.com with “Editorial Intern” as the subject.
Be sure to include your favorite printed, VIBE magazine issue or article (in-book or on Vibe.com) and why. Also, specify 2 areas of interest(s): fashion, hard news, music, and television/film. Any level of experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or any video editing software should be noted as well.
None. Acceptance is ongoing.
VIBE employs interns throughout the year. Selected interns must be available to work at least 16 hours per week. All internship positions are paid and must be completed on-site at our New York City office. VIBE does not provide housing or travel stipends.
** Note: VIBE is not looking to hire aspiring music artists, aspiring on-camera talent, producers, talent managers and/or social media “influencers.” We are seeking young college students or graduates with a serious interest/passion for journalism, creative writing, and the entertainment industry.