This year’s edition of the White House Correspondents’ Dinner proved to be one of its most controversial. After comedian Michelle Wolf caught fire from White House officials including Donald Trump for her viral jokes, the organization decided to nix any comedic acts going forward.
Held every April, next year’s installment will not receive a comedian, TMZ reports. Ron Chernow, a historian who inspired the Broadway musical Hamilton, will serve as host of 2019’s dinner. In a statement to TMZ, Kevin Hart answered whether or not he would make an appearance if the White House reneges on its previous decision.
“I will say 100 percent no,” Hart said, “but what I will do is spread positivity at all times on all levels.”
After the White House announced its decision earlier this month, Wolf took to Twitter to call out the organization. “The @whca are cowards. The media is complicit. And I couldn’t be prouder.” Trump previously expressed his disdain for the annual dinner, primarily because of his contentious relationship with the media.
The @whca are cowards. The media is complicit. And I couldn’t be prouder. https://t.co/OOIFGuZ731
— Michelle Wolf (@michelleisawolf) November 19, 2018
READ MORE: Dave Chappelle Says Michelle Wolf’s ‘WHCD’ Lampoon Was “Beautiful”