Ready to be a YouTube star? VIBE and filmmaker Issa Rae — the creator and star of The MisAdventures of Awkward Black Girl — are teaming up for The Awkward Viewer Challenge, a chance for one lucky viewer to win a walk-on role on season 2 of one of the Internet’s most popular scripted series! Check the guidelines below and get your chuckle on by catching up on past episodes at the Awkward Black Girl official site. A new season premieres this summer!
- Follow Awkward Black Girl (@awkwardblkgrl) and VIBE (@VibeMagazine) on Twitter.
- Create a video and tweet a link to your video (via YouTube, Vimeo, Sendspace, etc.) to both Twitter accounts, using the hashtag #VIBEAwkwardBlackGirl.
- The video should be no longer than one minute. It should explain why you’re awkward and why you should be picked for the walk-on role.
- Along with the video link, include your first name, age and what city you reside in.
- The deadline for submissions is Tuesday, April 10. A winner will be announced on April 17.