Life is good right now if you love sports. October is the best sports month of the year. College football rivalries are getting heated. The BCS rankings come out. The MLB playoffs are underway. The NBA season is right around the corner and the trash talking has gotten started. And, of course, the NFL is in full swing. Here are 6 thoughts for VIBE’s Week 6 NFL picks.
• “The Cowboys haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1995, therefore they shall not be known as America’s team.” – Nevermore, The Raven
• The Cowboys’ offensive line couldn’t protect a child from a bully so the Ravens defensive line is going to get busy.
• Outside of wide receiver Torrey Smith, the Ravens passing game doesn’t have much punch, so the Cowboys’ secondary, the best in the NFL statistically, should have an easy time.
• The NFL is a copycat league so the same game plan used by the Kansas City Chiefs to keep the Ravens to only 9 points last week will for sure be used by the Cowboys this Sunday.
• Tony Romo and Dez Bryant are due for a great games.
• Cowboys win 28 – 24.
• The big payback. Don’t think for a second that the 49ers have forgot about the Giants stealing their Super Bowl dreams from them in their own backyard last season.
• The Giants don’t start focusing until Week 10, so don’t expect much from them this week.
• The 49ers are the best team in the NFC right now and it’s not even a question (Yeah, I know the Atlanta Falcons are undefeated).
• 49ers QB Alex Smit, having a sprained middle finger is kind of a big deal.
• Wide receiver Hakeem Nicks is probably not going to play, which adds pressure on fellow WR Victor Cruz and this ain’t the Cleveland Browns’ secondary, it’s actually a good one.
• 49ers win 20 – 13.
• This will be the best game of the weekend.
• With linebacker Brian Cushing being out of the game it is going to be a huge blow for the Texans, but the Packers will also be without running back Cedric Benson and wide receiver Greg Jennings, so that should even things out.
• Matt Schaub is going to have a field day with the Packers secondary but Aaron Rodgers will actually outplay him.
• Clay Matthews and J.J. Watt are #1 and #2 in the NFL in sacks. Both are most definitely going to put on a sack show. Tell QBs Schaub and Rodgers to get the Motrin ready.
• If running back Arian Foster can go over 100 yards, then the Texans will win.
• Texans remain undefeated and the Packers wonder what the hell is going on. Texans 24 – 21.
For more from Richard Boadu, checkout 6Magazine.com