The 5 Funniest Lines From The Lonely Island's "YOLO" Skit
January 28, 2013 - 8:04 pm
VIBE Pop Culture
1. "There's no such thing as too much Purell / This a cautionary tale—word to George Orwell."
Too bad there wasn't any Purell hand sanitizer in 1984. With the flu epidemic and the Norovirus making noise around the country, this is one bar that has anti-bacterial written all over it.
2. Never go to saunas 'cuz they're crawling with piranhas / And never take the stairs cause they're often unsafe / You only live once so don't let it go to waste.
Piranha bite marks aren't sexy at all. And if you've ever seen someone trip up or down stairs, you know how risky those can be. So, peep game that The Lonely Island is kicking or find yourself underneath a piano.
3. "'Cuz you should never trust a bank they've been known to fail / And never travel by car, a bus, boat or by rail."
Wells Fargo, AIG, heck, you name 'em and more than likely they're raping your account silly. The rapping trio discourages anyone taking public transportation to give their money to a failing institution—and we don't blame them.
4. "No blankets or pajamas, they can choke you in your sleep / Two words about furniture: Killing machines."
Ever had a nightmare while wearing a Snuggie? That is some risky business right there. You're playing with your life! It's jewels like these from The Lonely Island trio that help to decrease the "death-by-DuPont" count.
5. "Take no chances, stop freelancin', invest in your future don't dilute your finances / 401K make sure it's low-risk and then get some real estate."
Music guest Kendrick Lamar surprisingly got in on the act with his featured appearance on the "YOLO" digital short. The good kid from the m.A.A.d city advises against putting your hopes into a get rich or die bloggin' scheme. Sounds like valid points from the guy who just put his mama on permanent vacation.