1. Expert light shows (David Guetta’s headlining slot last year pictured above) are better than Cirque de Soleil when combined with high-voltage dance music.
2. Costumes welcome! Why go freeze in Antarctica when you can find techno penguins migrating to Electric Zoo?
3. Want to see superstar DJs like Armin van Buuren, Zedd, David Guetta and Kaskade (above) without having to fly to Las Vegas or Ibiza? Check!
4. You just might find your inner spirit animal.
5. This festival is not just about EDM. Electric Zoo brings a wide range of genres from trap to bass music; from techno to house and all the sub-categories and sonic offshoots in between. NYC’s house music innovator, Danny Tenaglia (above) will show you the way to “be yourself” on one stage while Dada Life can be found funneling bananas on another and UZ steps up the 808s on yet another. Bubbling up DJs like MOTi and Danny Avila also see their moment in the spotlight.
6. The fireworks put on at Electric Zoo give 4th of July on a run for its money.
7. Did we mention this all happens in the one and only New York?
Turn it UP, drink UP and live it UP with 7UP.